Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It's a pretty grey and dreary morning here - still, it doesn't appear to be raining right at the moment which is at least something. I spent yesterday clearing out the garage which brought one or two interesting things to light. Some of which I never knew I had!

There's one thing I'll need to watch on TV tomorrow: Dinner for One :lol: .

Same procedure as every year then Dominik?!?

Less than 15 hours now... We'll need to prepare some foods for our party tonight. Wonder how long I'll stay up - I'm not as young as I used to be, y'know? :lol::unsure:

I know what you mean - I woke up feeling exhausted this morning! That's before the inevitable late night (early morning) that will occur tonight. I have been invited to a New Years Party this evening, so quite looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning. The weather seems to be a re run of yesterday's, rain and dull. We were going to have some friends over this evening for the New Year but they cancelled. It was my mother's birthday yesterday and Matthew decided he would like to cook something for his Grandma. Everyone enjoyed the dinner.

I think my shed project this year will be to stop the "summer house" being used as a shed. At the moment it is full of stuff (like the lawn-mower) that should be in the shed.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Same procedure as every year then Dominik?!?

Think so :D . Well, OTOH I never spent New Year in Leipzig before! Funny, though, that DFO was - to my knowledge - never really picked up on British TV, even though the actors were British.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Another cold one here, but oddly no ice on the car, even though when I used the screenwash, it froze to the windscreen!

Stuck in the office now til 6 tonight, and both Mrs 45156 and I are thinking about a nice early night as we've both got "the bug" and the only way to fight it seems to be to rest up. For me, the highlight of the New Year is not getting bloutered, or letting off about 50 quids worth of fireworks, but having a nice lie in then a slow breakfast, a decent cup of coffee, then lighting the stove, and sitting down to watch the New Year's Day concert from the Musikverein in Vienna with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra. (10.00 - 11.00 on Radio 3 then 11.15 to 12.45 BBC2 or 7.00 pm to 9.00 BBC4 for an extended show). Music lovers will find this to be a lovely show - I've been watching it now for years.

In case I don't get another chance, I wish all my fellow RMWebbers a very happy 2010.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Now that sounds like a very civilised New Year celebration Stewart. Don't think I'll get to hear or watch the concert as we have visitors. Somehow I have to work my way through a 5 course dinner this evening no doubt accompanied by a similar number of wines! It's a tough life.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Now that sounds like a very civilised New Year celebration Stewart. Don't think I'll get to hear or watch the concert as we have visitors. Somehow I have to work my way through a 5 course dinner this evening no doubt accompanied by a similar number of wines! It's a tough life.

Cheers

Dave

Dave - sorry - maybe I didn't make it clear - the concert is at 11.15 am on New Years Day, and makes a gentle way to ease into the morning, and for all I know, make a hangover more bearable (I don't know as I no longer drink heavily, and haven't suffered a hangover for about 20 years!!)

Have a nice celebration whatever you get up to - if you like classical music, why not record the concert.

• RMweb Premium

I hope also not to have a repeat of last year's January 1st, when Mrs 45156 started to pull the furniture away from the walls, laid dust sheets, and produced several tins of emulsion paint, and we were painting the living room walls to the tune of "The Blue Danube" on the TV - still, it got the job done, and the Farrow and Ball yellows that we used are still almost as good as new.

I take it that you are down our neck of the woods then Mike.

Only rain on the coast. Still looks monochrome though.

Yep, up near Beamish at Mum and Dad's. We've had some heavy snow showers today. The dogs came back from their walk with hard balls of snow attached to all four (well, 8) legs and their beards...

post-6964-12622671568263_thumb.jpg

Just rescued a Kestrel from the road.

(Last month a Sparrowhawk needed my services!)

It's gone to the Vet on route to a bird sanctuary.

In the process of being rescued it sank its talons into my hand.

Amazing strength for such a small bird.

I now smell of Dettol.

• RMweb Premium

Help - I'm still at work while all the world and his wife goes

(a)to the pub or

(b)home.

I can't get away before 6 tonight as my late shift is on Thursdays, and I normally finish at 8 but the shift end was brought forward a couple of hours - just as well I brought the car, as the last bus is going at 6.15 and it's a ten minute walk to the bus station - would have been a bit too close for comfort methinks.

Still the big advantage here is that the stove will be well alight when I get home

• RMweb Gold

Our dog walk wasn't snowy although there was a very brief sleety shower as we set off. It was obviously too warm for Robbie as he went swimming twice today. Not a lot of bird activity on the walk but there was a tree with lots of long-tailed ###### in it. The egret that lives in the stream Robbie swam in made an appearance for a while.

Tony

Morning All,

Wishing everyone - and especially the Early Risers a very Happy New Year.

I guess I am a reasonably Early Riser this morning, given that I got to bed around 2am!

It is too dark to see what the weather is doing at the moment - but according to the morning news, it seems to be pretty foggy everywhere. Still, that's not surprising given the amount of fireworks that were let off last night.

I had a really good New Years Eve - the best one for years to be honest!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave: