The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Woken up mid afternoon with a job offer... then 800% humidity for the rest of the day; don't ever wish you lived in the tropics!

Congratulations, quite a few people on here are dreaming of being woken up with a job offer!

Congratulations lisa, hope it all turns out well for you.

Waking up with a job offer for me would be my worst nightmare... :D

Bin day and it's peeing down. Hoping to get off this blooming' computer and get some work done today. Staggered how long it's taken to get a grip of a new machine and swap files back and forth.

Hi al,

Missed yesterday. Had a date with the surgeon, who was reatively pleaded with healing. Is better than last week.

He said the virus which cased the infection wasone of those resitant types and that thre only antibiotic thats effective can only be administered intravenouls, so may have to return to hospital for that.

I am not too downhearted.

Boiling hot weather contoinues but cooler today.

Good to see that you are still with us Lisa.

Oh yeah, I'm like a rash you just can't get rid of; even if it does disappear for a while occassionally.

Been volounteering at the red cross for the past year, so working for money will be a change... just have to see how long I can put up with it.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all At least the rain has stopped but this bit of the Thames Valley is still suffering some miserable weather although at least the builders up the road are getting past the noisiest stage of things (I think, some of these modern methods might involve noise when it's not traditional?). Good to hear of some progress Don.

Volunteering at the Red Cross takes me back a good few years - I used to work behind the bar at the Red Cross Inn in my younger days - but I was paid, in cash and kind :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Well, if that Maxima's not an impressive model, I don't know what is! :O Individual gearboxes for each wheelset with multi-piece driveshafts, functional traction bars and secondary suspension springs - never seen such a thing before on any kind of model! According to a notice inside the box, a couple of add-on parts are currently unavailable due to a damaged casting mould, but will be provided free of charge once the new mould is ready. I'm liking that transparent approach, frankly. I'll be taking a few photos for my German model railways blog on here once I have received and installed these parts.

There but is much less to say about our current weather, which in a word is dreich once again.

• RMweb Premium

I've said it before, you get what you pay for but a lot of modellers expect all the "bells and whistles" for less than one hundred quid....

That is certainly true, and this general topic has been a recurring theme on German modelling forums for quite a while now.

Edited by 1216 025

• RMweb Gold

For the price it should sit up and kiss you too, Dom!

I've said it before, you get what you pay for but a lot of modellers expect all the "bells and whistles" for less than one hundred quid....

Best, Pete.

...which I got the other day, well, certainly a bell and a whistle . Always a sucker for the fabulous Proto Heritage models, especially the pretty (in my eyes) 0-6-0 switchers, I spied one on the ebay shop of my local model shop, AC models in Eastleigh. He knocks 10% off his ebay price if you buy in his shop, so popped over and for a smidge over a hundred quid I am now the proud owner of a brand new GM&O example. Very pleased. it's a cracking model.

Edited by PhilH

Was really speaking of British Outline models, Phil. The market for US Models is huge in comparison and associated unit costs lower due to high volume ordering.

I am always amazed at how good American models of diesel bogies/trucks detail (as an example) compared to British even of models costing as little as $80.00 retail.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Dreich, Dreich, Dreich

Now come on lads - modelling discussions on ERs - what is the world coming to?

Don good news indeed that your foot is on the mend now.

Lisa good news there too and nice to see that you're still here.

Regards to All

Stewart