The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all woke at 7.30 am instead of 6.00 am so the whole day has gone badly. I continue to wonder about driving skills in Britain, if you cannot see a large blue car with headlights on dip what hope do children have crossing the road. Today driving round rural derbyshire I have had 4 near misses, 2 emergency stops and 2 last second swerves. These are not easy in a 940 volvo with the handling characteristics of the old Ark Royal the modern toy one probably has better manners.

• RMweb Gold

dsc028806u8a.jpg

Albert and Trude are winding down for the night, I would think :) . Red eye elimination in Gimp does not seem to work all that well on rabbits, though.

Are you sure Albert isn't one of those giant rabbits (failed Korean export order)? He and Trude look very content!

Tony

They do look cute! It appears that Albert is fast asleep whilst Trude is wide awake.

Good morning everybody!

Sky is clear but forecast is for a max of only 23.

Am busy trying to organize my holiday over Easter. If you remember I had to abort my Christmas getaway.

There is only one train a week C.T. to Durban and it was already fully booked for the date I wanted. Have been told I can be accommodated on the following weeks train which I accepted on Monday but am still awaiting confirmation.

Very FRUSTRATING!

*only* 23, Don??! We're lucky if we hit 3 at the moment!

Bad luck with the trains but hopefully you'll get your confirmation soon for the week after. Amazing that there's only one train a week. Even the wildest parts of Scotland get a daily train!

Up early for chauffeur duties though the meal I had last night's been sitting uncomfortably in my stomach all night, so awake even earlier than I'd planned...

Morning All,

The snow has nearly all gone now - I don't think that we will be getting any more at the moment.

I've been in a pretty good mood so far this week, long may it last!

Have a good day everyone :icon_wave:

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Just slightly above freezing outside, but I think the current deep winter phase is mostly over anyway.

Are you sure Albert isn't one of those giant rabbits (failed Korean export order)? He and Trude look very content!

He has grown quite a bit since we got him, that's true. As of now he's weighing in at about 1.6 kilos while Trude has roughly 1.5. However, Trude is now fully grown and about two years old, while Albert is five months old - so he may yet grow quite a bit further :) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Was at a funeral yesterday officiated by the Bishop of Durham. He didn't look too impressed when I addressed him as 'Your Bishoprick". What are they called?

While we're out I'm pricing up a replacement hard drive for my iMac. Unfortunately, though only a year old, I've filled the 250GB hard drive. Looking to get a 1.5TB drive for it. The computer itself is excellent, I just think Apple were a little stingy with their hard drives!

I've got one of the new model iMacs (desktop processors instead of mobile and the LED backlit HD screen). The standard HDD is 1TB for the model I have.

Fantastic machine and I won't have to worry about HD space either, although I also back up to an external drive and CD/DVD ROMs.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I don't have snow, rabbits, or a Mac. I'm not sure if I've ever spoken to a bishop.

I'm waiting for someone to take my car away for the annual service and MOT. I noticed on the reminder letter that the garage offer a collection and return service so I thought I would take advantage of it.

Tony

Belated Morning All!

Just gotten my delivery to Newbury out of the way before the weather worsens!

Heavy rain down in South Hampshire, turning to heavy sleet then settling snow in Newbury, a range of about 40 miles!

Can just see the headlines: Flooded roads freeze again!

A friend of mine is a Bishop's Chaplain in a Cathedral in the South West (Names changed to protect the innocent). I was introduced to the Bish at a social gathering last year, which was a very relaxed and jovial affair. Pleased to say the Bish did see the funny side when I asked him if it was a bit of a nuisance having to walk diagonally everywhere.

;)

Geoff

No hosepipe ban then?

No - that's next week!

Pleased to say the Bish did see the funny side when I asked him if it was a bit of a nuisance having to walk diagonally everywhere.

Better than being a knight, then!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bloomin' wet and orrible in this part of ampshire. You should expect snow as I was in the office at 9 this morning! Had to get in early as someone offered to buy me a coffee. Should be back at home soon after lunch so normal service will be resumed.

Cheers

Dave

I don't know the statistics but I'm still unscathed.

However the following extract from that article does indicate that crime is an issue;

"Fans will be well protected by more than 40,000 police, helicopters, water cannons, body armour and 100 new patrol vehicles."

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon gents,

It's a good job the forum has been down for a while as I had a lot of Product Design coursework that needed attention! In fact, I'm not even sure if I have directly told you what I will be making for it, but I did start a thread asking for help for it a couple weeks back which you might've seen. I'll be designing and making a display cabinet that can display various items and is portable. I've done a 3D sketch, but it's just so hard trying to come up with an original design as most display cabinets look the same!

One thing which completely goes through one ear and out the other is cricket. I don't understand it, particularly the scoring and I have never really been interested at all. Perhaps if I knew some basic principles I may take more interest in it...

(P.s. I'll answer PMs as soon as possible ;) )

• RMweb Gold
One thing which completely goes through one ear and out the other is cricket

This might help Jam:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!