Getting back into OO

Hello All,

I am trying to get back into OO modelling but space is a bit limited at present. A modest end-to-end layout would start me off and I have two separate baseboards 4'x 1' and one 6'x 2'approx. At the moment I would not be able to use them all at once. I am just wondering if anyone had got an end to end in these approximate sizes and could advise on parts required and electriying the layout as I wish to see my Lord of the Isles loco run again.

With many thanks,

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

There are quite a few about (more at the 6x2 size than 4x1). Have a skim through the layouts and workbench area looking at the challenge site in particular. Most layouts at the size will be goods depots or MPD.

• RMweb Premium

I would suggest using both the 4' X 1' boards for fiddle yards and building a through station on the 6' X 2' board with a layout that can be operated with one fiddle yard as a terminus or as a through station if the space becomes available..

I had a little more room to play with. I had a 9' x 7' L shaped space i could utilise

Langwith Road is in the gallery if you wish to take a look.

Perhaps you coud do something similar with the space you have available. :)

Sorry but can't seem to find Langwith Road. I've put it in to 'search',but no luck.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

I had a little more room to play with. I had a 9' x 7' L shaped space i could utilise

Langwith Road is in the gallery if you wish to take a look.

Perhaps you coud do something similar with the space you have available. :)

Sorry but can't seem to find Langwith Road. I've put it in to 'search',but no luck.

Steve.

I think that these are the images that were being talked about link here

Archived