Shed Name Transfers

Couldn't see anything on Modelmaster website.

might be this one on Fox: FRH4335/21, or maybe 20?

Maybe something on an HMRS sheet?

Modelmaster site (at least) asks for further suggestiond to add to range.

Cheers, 26power

CCT Transfers do some, at least for ScR sheds. I have a sheet awaiting attention. They have also just released a sheet of chalk wagon markings which I can highly recommend- once I've got some on a wagon, I'll praise them further.

Richard

Do you have contact details for CCT Transfers? Google hasn't pulled anything up.

Thanks

Jeremy

Cool, one of those things I didn't know that I didn't know! Ayr were keen on this too for a spell.

AFAIK, this wasn't something the individual sheds did (though there may have been exceptions). The names were applied as part of a complete works repaint. As the OP says, they were originally an LNER thing, continued into Nationalisation. When Cowlairs started dealing with locos from ex-LMS sheds, they applied the appropriate shednames to the bufferbeam on those too - I don't know about Darlington. Ayr engines were shopped at Cowlairs in the 1960s and would probably have acquired the names then. If you look at photos from about 1963/4 onwards, you will see all sorts of ex-LMS shednames on bufferbeams, not always agreeing with the shedplate!

Cambridge Custom Transfers

206, Nuns Way

Cambridge

CB4 2NS

The owner, John Isherwood, is a member here and there is an on-line listing, which I'll look for later when I have more time.

HTH

Richard

Thanks, need to get the chequebook out!

Jeremy

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know if any of these discussed solutions are available in 2mm. Bit of a long shot I know but here's hoping...

I am assuming that you are Craig - in which case I have replied to your separate e-mail.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Indeed John, looking forward to seeing the sheet in 2mm.

2mm bufferbeam SCr shed sheet received from John@CCT transfers and pretty good they look too. John, who was great to deal with, advised that printing at that scale would be hit or miss but I decided it was worth a gamble and although not every decal has printed 100% clearly most have done so. Quite remarkable at 2mm scale I think you'll agree.

So just about to apply these decals to the donor loco and whilst I have photographic evidence of a loco (4MT 2-6-4) with the shed name on the front buffer beam I just wondered if anyone knew if the rear buffer beam had it as well. Its nigh impossible to find photographic evidence of such a thing, its hard enough finding a picture of the front!!

regards

CJ

Archived