TCS T1 Decoder Help

StartingAgain

I have fitted a couple of old Tri-ang locos with TCS T1 decoders and they work fine as far as controlling the loco themselves. I have set CV 2,5 & 6 to give me desired speed control and I have set CV29 to reverse the direction of one loco that was hard wired in reverse.

This decoder is listed as having 2 functions available using the yellow and white wires with the blue as the common return. I have wired a LED and resister to the yellow and white wire and have double checked to ensure that I have the polarity correct. I have downloaded the sheet from TCS regarding the connection of lamps and LEDs and I am confident that they are wired correctly. I also have a loco with a pea bulb connected as a firebox light.

However I cannot get either LED or the pea bulb to light. I am using CV 49 & 50 to control these functions and I have tried the various values shown on the sheet that came with the decoder without sucess.

Is there another CV value that I have to use to switch these functions on?

Gareth

You say you have wired the resistor and LED to the yellow and white wire? It should be wired to the Yellow and Blue OR the White and blue.

White and blue will light it when going forwards, yellow and blue will light it in reverse.

If you want it lit in both directions connect both the white and yellow to one end of resistor/LED circuit and blue to the other end

Hi there

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I maybe misled when I talked about Leds between the yellow and white wires. I have a led between the white and blue and a led between the yellow and blue. I did check for voltage but couldn't get a reading.

John

As it turns out it was not a silly question as I have just tried my system again and initiated F0 and on came the lights. My system is a DIY system (Pows) which works well but does not have all the bells and whistles of a "bought" system. The instructions are translated from Spanish so some things are lost in the translation.

Again thanks for the feedback.

Gareth

Archived