Late March evening in Vermont

signalmaintainer

Pass the paraffin ( gasoline ? ) and a lighted match please - I obviously have some way to go in my modelling career :(

Superb modelling and a great link to a workshop even more cluttered than mine :rolleyes:

Bob

Pass the paraffin ( gasoline ? ) and a lighted match please - I obviously have some way to go in my modelling career :(

Superb modelling and a great link to a workshop even more cluttered than mine :rolleyes:

Bob

I know how you feel, Bob. The good news is that Mike has published articles in Model Railroader showing how he makes his scenery, and the effect seems quite attainable. The covered bridge was scratchbuilt by Rich Cobb.

The good news is that Mike has published articles in Model Railroader showing how he makes his scenery, and the effect seems quite attainable. The covered bridge was scratchbuilt on commission.

Thanks for this, Paul

I guess that http://www.kalmbachstore.com/mr7100401.html would be useful to me; I did get the 'More Layout, Less Space' booklet recently as I am building a second layout...somewhere in that garage/workshop.

Perhaps a review of my magazine subscriptions might be a good idea, come December :)

Bob

Metre-gauge in 1/45th scale

Winterschlaf 19 web

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No link as such , but if you go to www.railpictures.net , and in the "photographers" drop down menu select "Gary Knapp" , you should see the pictures and hopefully be impressed....

I am impressed by the photos ....and the size of the floodlights he must carry around with him :O .....

how do you get such lighting effects ..!!..or is it all digital enhancement ??...whatever they are brilliant night photos..quite literally !!

Regards Trevor .. :D

... Mike has published articles in Model Railroader showing how he makes his scenery, and the effect seems quite attainable...

Part of his layout was in the 2010 Great Model Railroads magazine. Even after I started reading the article, I thought the first photo (page 54) was real... :blink: :O :rolleyes: ;)

Archived