Birmingham Concept Rapid Transit Network

i just look at the locations shopped full of those replacements for the ando trams, and think how much i'd prefer a t69. but they could really do with more seats.

and dreadfully sorry, but what use is the city centre extension? you can walk from new street to snow hill in the time it takes for a tram to get to you and turn around and then get back to snowhill. and the intermediate stops seem even more useless.

wehereas dudley has bus services only to it, which run along the hagley road and through oldbury and burntree, and just get clagged up in the evenings. I've sat for two hours trying to get from brum to coseley on one. and getting to wolverhampton from dudley can be just as bad. how long would that take by metro though? a tram mightnt be the fastest, but it doesn't get held up in traffic until priestfields.

then there's merry hill, which takes forever to get to, due to buses going through all over everywhere to get there.

i really should've thought that a dudley area to anywhere except birmingham or south line would be more useful than a central birmingham to central birmingham line.

• RMweb Premium

but what use is the city centre extension? you can walk from new street to snow hill in the time it takes for a tram to get to you and turn around and then get back to snowhill. and the intermediate stops seem even more useless.

Possibly for people from places along the route, maybe with luggage, so that they can alight in Stephenson Street and walk through the doors into New Street Station (The main station after all!) rather than trudging across town in the rain etc.

P.S. I don't disagree with your point about Dudley.

Keith

would be more useful than a central birmingham to central birmingham line.

I don't think the point is connecting New St to Snow Hill, it's connecting the metro from Wolves into New St and more of the city centre, which to me sounds a good deal more useful for most folk using it to come into Birmingham than where it terminates now.

but is it really worth that much, when all it really serves is wednesbury and bilston? maybe you could say west bromwich at a push, but they do have a station.

luggage on the metro? you must be mad!

but, not wishing to argue any further, as i'll inevitably lose, it's barely a ten minute walk for slow people between the two stations.

though i suppose that if you want to be the other side of new street, it is a bit longer, but people on the metro generally have bus passes.

also, would a busplus type thing for the metro be useful? stourbridge to st georges with one ticket? or is that a bit silly.

Archived