Coach kit grab rails & hand rails.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mallard.

Any news on the coach build?

As promised, below is a picture of the grab rails I have used on the Pullmans. They're by MJT, (Part no. 3920).

You'll have to excuse the slightly blurred image, its just starting to snow again here and I was a little shivery. Hope you're grateful?.....B)

You're also getting the exclusive on this piccy too, as I haven't yet posted it on my Pullman thread, although I probably will do that next.

Anywho, on a more serious note, the handrails I used were the 10mm version from the etch and had to bend them out slightly to 11mm. The etch comes with varying sizes of grab rail, so there should be something for everyone...... They also have a kind of decorative piece at each body joining point which represents the Pullman type well.

Anywho, I'll leave it at that for now.

Hope this is of interest.

Cheers.

Sean.

Hi Sean. I though you would have been in your 'element' the last few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, nice commode handle(always makes me think of the real commode thingy) as I have learnt to call it (now tell me I'm wrong!!!).

My Bulleid - well it has handles all home made but awaits my motivation to finish the end detail! Doh!

I've just sent off for a load of Southern Pride handle etches as suggested elsewhere.

Also today my LMS 9' bogie side castings arrived from Comet SO when SWMBO returns to work next Wednesday I may just get the two coaches underway.

Hi Coach - I have tried counselling and therapy but with little success. I think I need to find the regional branch of CBA (no, not can't be arsed) i.e. Coach Builders Anonimous and attend their next meeting!:rolleyes:

One of new year's reso's you may be pleased to know, is to try this Comet (and whatever) Sides on manky old plastic things game.:huh:

Season's greetings to you all.

Phil @ 36E

Hi Phil.

Hmmmn, the only "element" I'd like to be in is the one in my kettle! It's freezing here!......

Go on, get yourself a couple of Pullman sides to stick on a manky plastic thing. I'd recommend it.

Nice new avatar by the way. I'll have to see if I can make out what type it is - don't spoil my fun though.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Archived