OOP issues of US model RR magazines now online

shortliner

Press Release

November 11, 2010

Railmodel Journal and Model Railroading Now Available on TrainLife.com

PROVO, Utah – TrainLife.comTM – a community for model railroaders – today announced the online publication of coveted and out-of print model railroading magazines, Railmodel Journal and Model Railroading on for visitors to view, read, search, and enhance their hobby experience.

“We are thrilled to provide the rail community with access to Model Railroading and other important industry magazines,†said John Pestana, TrainLife’s founder. “Preserving, promoting, and providing historical information such as this is one of our top priorities.â€

After years of publication, Railmodel Journal and Model Railroading closed their doors, leaving the modeling world and its subscribers with a void in the industry. In an effort to ensure the knowledge, expertise, and influence of publications such as Railmodel Journal and Model Railroading do not disappear, TrainLife is publishing the contents at .

TrainLife.com is a website dedicating to promoting and supporting the train and model train industry. A social network for rail fans, TrainLife.com provides visitors access to thousands of articles, the ability to connect with fellow modelers and train enthusiasts, and actively participate in the model train community.

Visit today to access Railmodel Journal and Model Railroading and the many exciting features of TrainLife.com. TrainLife – more than just a hobby!TM

Click on MAGAZINES at the top and then select the title you want on the Right Hand side

NB - the index for the cxontents seem to be on page 5 of each issue.

I do far too much armchair modelling as it is! I've got 2 exhibitions I need to get Harrington ready for - I can see loads of excuses coming on - too cold to go out in the shed! I'll have a flick through Railmodel Journal instead!!:blink:

the annoying thing is...I have piles of back issues of Railmodel Journal...and was seriously thinking about scanning relevant [to me]articles, and consigning them to the blue bin.......seeing as they spend most of their time sitting around gathering dust!

now it seems, I could have consigned them years ago!

Still, the piles of mags do sterling service weighing down the base of some bookcases....

spot on Jack ....... :yahoo_mini: :clapping_mini:

Regards Trevor .. :D

Brilliant find! I have part 1 of that two-parter, but not part 2.

I have a couple of photos of the open-top pulpwood cars, but the article sheds a bit more light on them.

I can see where a lot of time is going this winter. Remember, if you haven't read it, it's a new magazine!

Archived