November 2009

PMP

I used to think this Mag was a bit stuffy but over the last 12-18 months the modern image side of things has really picked up and the photography has improved no end. One of my regular buys now. Even the articles outside my range of immediate intrest read well and hold my attention. In this issue modern image Hythe Regis and shunting layout Windmill Road are well worth a look. But the star of the show is undoubtedly the RMweb featured Hospital Gates. In a word, Sublime.

Cheers

Guy

This was a must buy for me just to get the second part of the Guisborough article. Dave Lloyd has made a top job of building it and my dad, who remembers it very well, can't fault it. Worth going some way to see. I'm sure it'll be seen at some of the big shows before much longer. Incidentally, Neil, it was a mate of my dad's who saved the foundry critter and we helped him load it up when they came to take it away (ha-ha!)

I'd agree with the earlier comment that RM seems to have picked up in the last few months. These things are terribly subjective - may just be the featured subjects or the stylistic changes - but I've enjoyed the last few issues more than I recall for some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think this Mag was a bit stuffy but over the last 12-18 months the modern image side of things has really picked up and the photography has improved no end. One of my regular buys now. Even the articles outside my range of immediate intrest read well and hold my attention. In this issue modern image Hythe Regis and shunting layout Windmill Road are well worth a look. But the star of the show is undoubtedly the RMweb featured Hospital Gates. In a word, Sublime.

Cheers

Guy

I am a me too here - MRJ used to be THE mag now I finding over the recent pass RM holds the baton

<br />I am a me too here - MRJ used to be THE mag now I finding over the recent pass RM holds the baton<br />

After reading these comments I picked up a copy yesterday to browse whilst enjoying a coffee on a Sunday afternoon walk in Buxton.

Great issue - Hythe Regis and Windmill road are great layouts - Hythe's location, trackwork and buildings - Windmill's feel and weathering. Hospital Gates looks superb too!

Printed on great paper and only a shade more than Model Rail - so worth it for the paper alone.

I too love the layout, it's 6 months or so since I last got a copy, and the new style changes are excellent. A great read - I'll buy again.

I am a me too here - MRJ used to be THE mag now I finding over the recent pass RM holds the baton

Steve Flint has done an excellent job as editor with the RM and does seem to have made an impact on the mag but I still can't agree with you about the above. The layout articles are great yes but you still can't beat the boundary pushing building going on in MRJ. As ever though we could have different yard sticks to judge ;) .

Archived