Retford Model Railway Exhibition

rmdeas

Dear All

Just to let you know that it's Retford Model Railway Exhibition time again. This years show will take place over the weekend of 21st and 22nd November in the Town Hall, Retford, Nottinghamshire. Yes, we know it's the same weekend as Warley, but if they can stand the competition, so can we.

The show is staged on the first floor of the Town Hall and exhibits this year include fourteen working model railways, trade stands, displays and a video show. A full refreshment service is available throughout the event. In addition, there is a Swap-Meet downstairs in the Butter Market on the Sunday.

Admission prices are Adults: ??3.00 and Children: ??1.00, there is a separate entrance fee for the Swap Meet.

The show is open from 10.00am on both days, closing a 5.00pm on the Saturday and 4.30pm on the Sunday.

Exhibits this year are as follows:

Stand

1 BRS Club Stand

2 North Eastern Models, trade stand

3 Rusty Rails, trade stand

4 Lytton CPR, layout, N

5 Harry Street, layout, N

6 Military Collection, display

7 Diesel & Electric Modellers United (DEMU)

8 Lightphase Rail Photography, trade stand

9 P & H Models, trade stand

10 Modeller's Mate, trade stand

11 Little Sheaf Springs, layout, HO

12 Redwood Lumber Co, layout, On30

13 St Aidans, layout, N

14 Shifting Sands, layout, O9

15 Ash Wood, layout, OO

16 Bassetfield, layout, OO

17 Gamesley Staff Halt, layout, N

18 Harbourne, layout, OO

19 Video Show, display

20 Woodside, layout, OO

21 Peak Quarry, layout, OO

22 The Goods Yard, trade stand,

23 Tri-ang Collection, layout, OO

24 Rowthorne, layout, OO

25 Bookworm, trade stand

26 Geoffrey Allison, trade stand

Further details are available from the Bassetlaw (North Notts) Railway Society website at www.bnnrs.net

See you there.

Richard Deas

Chairman and Exhibition Manager

B(NN)RS

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Don't forget its this weekend, always a good show so come along and enjoy.

I'm going tomorrow. Better than Warley and much nicer cakes! :)I usually can't resist the books on offer and you don't get totally crushed by hooligans at the layout viewing sections. :blink: If you come by ECML, you also get a chance to travel on your own train(s); that is East Coast, unless you happen to be on Hull Trains! <_<

36E

An excellent little show, when we found it. Maybe a bit of work needed on the signposting there...

High standard of layouts and good to see Mr Sandshifters efforts in person. B)

Extremely fine refreshments too!

steve

• RMweb Premium

An excellent little show, when we found it. Maybe a bit of work needed on the signposting there...

High standard of layouts and good to see Mr Sandshifters efforts in person. B)

Extremely fine refreshments too!

steve

I think the club have problems with the Council moaning about 'illegal' signs! Directions on adverts/this site saying Town Hall in the town centre Square may help as the town centre is easy to find from the station? The post code might help for Sat Nav?

Thought the show was VG and I just loved the loco's on Peak Quarry which were kindly brought out for me to inspect!

Sincerely, PR 36E GC

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can't find an ad for this year's show Saturday (today) 16th and Sunday 17th. so:

my train set, St George's Yard, is having its first and probably only outing and so it would be lovely to see you if you are local.I also needs lots of advice about electrics so there's another excuse for you to attend!

I'll post some pics if I get any.

Thanks. Phil @ 36E

Archived