The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

They could make a documentary about it: Groundhog Day

We have Groundhog Day every home game at the King Power at the moment  - 1-1, 1-1,1-1, but actually getting slightly worse with each repetition.

Last weekend we had to rely on a bit of last gasp Mahrez magic to get a draw in the 7th minute of added time. Thank you Mr Begovic for your time wasting..........

Trouble is, Mr Belokon is hardly squeaky clean. But infinitely better than any Oyston, all the same.

another chairman wrecking a club how many more times is this going to happen .on the otherside of things see we have sold all 2200 tickets for gigg lane on sat now giving us tuther end as well ! fantastic turn out of tics

another chairman wrecking a club how many more times is this going to happen .on the otherside of things see we have sold all 2200 tickets for gigg lane on sat now giving us tuther end as well ! fantastic turn out of tics

Belokon has a conviction for a financial crime in Estonia, or Latvia, or wherever his bank was. If that conviction was in the UK, it should have disqualified him, the same as Owen Oyston's disqualified him. But let's not get on to alleged running the club by proxy (his son was the owner, no?)

The running of football, from top to bottom, is very murky indeed!

Belokon has a conviction for a financial crime in Estonia, or Latvia, or wherever his bank was. If that conviction was in the UK, it should have disqualified him, the same as Owen Oyston's disqualified him. But let's not get on to alleged running the club by proxy (his son was the owner, no?)

Not quite; Belokon was convicted in his absence and without a trial in Kyrgyzstan. No administration outside that country recognises that conviction. More complete details are in a Blackpool Gazette story if I can find it. The club's present majority owner Owen Oyston has a conviction for rape of a young girl but the EFL says does not disbar him from club ownership because they set the date for ownership suitability to start after OO had completed his sentence. I wonder how many clubs have owners who are squeaky clean?

Edit: the Blackpool Gazette article is here. https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/kyrgyzstan-government-hands-valeri-belokon-a-20-year-sentence-1-8548671

Edited by Ohmisterporter

Quite! I always had my doubts about cycling and athletics, now I just can't be bothered with either... It was interesting watching the Roger Bannister footage of his sub 4 minute mile, he looked and behaved like I did when I'd run a race as fast as I could, these days they seem to recover in milliseconds and do a lap of honour, I certainly couldn't have done that, I was usually in a heap on the ground recovering like he was! Must try some of these drugs they use for my asthma, though, could do with feeling like Superman for a while!

none moreso than the shenanagins of messrs Corney and co at boundary park who have bled the club dry leaving a club who owned thier stadium and 67 acres of surrounding land with sportsbar and sports center in 2003 to a club that owns three of the four stands only has revenue from the fourth on matchday or when they "rent"it from the owners the bar and sports center gone replaced by houses the car park that earned money from hospital parking reduced to a quarter of its size the revenue from which does not go to the club .club shop sold of sports direct now full of ashleys cheap tat and closed more than its open .fans raise funds to replace broken scoreboard which are used to buy electronic perimiter hoardings guess who owns them and now creams off the profit ?.ground naming rights sold of yhe sports direct for in a deal that would give us a top six budget yet sees the annual influx of journeymen and nobodys and our usual march on 17th in league one .then came light at the end of the tunnel with Abdull Lemsagams "takeover " of ghe club which is now being found to be a limited investment and a vehicle for him to bring in "talent" that he used to manage as a football agent it just gets murkier and murkier .

Both? Thought junior became a proxy for senior after he was banned.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Ken Bates, either

wasnt it bates who built the exec boxes along the front of the mainstand a first at the the timr i do belive

wasnt it bates who built the exec boxes along the front of the mainstand a first at the the timr i do belive

Think you're right. Changed the kit to tangerine & blue as well. Decamped when it was obvious everything was going pear-shaped.

as Jamie Carragher now knows.

Interestingly, nothing seems to have been been said about the driver who got him on film using his mobile camera whilst at the wheel. Both vehicles are moving alongside each other. I thought using a mobile device whilst driving was an offence?