The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Personally I think they both should be prosecuted, Carragher for assault.

I've been spat at several times over the years when doing my job, it's disgusting and dangerous.

Edited by Hobby

• RMweb Gold

An FA Cup tie on a Saturday night? What's that all about?

There are going to be a lot of disgruntled fans having to travel back to the South Coast after the game.

Brighton fans might be cheesed off too.

• RMweb Premium

Just been reading some of the drivel from Neil Warnock after todays postponment. That man has got to be the most hated in football currently. The anagram of his name says it all Colin W.......

Just been reading some of the drivel from Neil Warnock after todays postponment. That man has got to be the most hated in football currently. The anagram of his name says it all Colin W.......

bloody wimps meanwhile tuther side of the pennines they completed this game shame about the result mind https://www.facebook.com/gary.pemberton.90/videos/620504428330554/ 

• Like 1

bloody wimps meanwhile tuther side of the pennines they completed this game shame about the result mind https://www.facebook.com/gary.pemberton.90/videos/620504428330554/ 

Looks a bit like the evening match when Rodger Palmer broke the 'Latics scoring record. That was on the plastic pitch of course, can't remember the opponents, but it started snowing during the game, we won 4-1, and Rodger scored a hat-trick, IIRC

Considering the state of Pride Park last night (I was there) and the conditions in several parts of Derbyshire (the club is Derby COUNTY) I think the police advice was the correct one. No one could have predicted the rapid thaw in the city centre when the decision was taken about 9am this morning.

Those supporters who were travelling from various points of the County for the game faced very tricky conditions. Our safety was considered paramount ahead of the disappointment of the armchair wasters who had to watch Eastenders instead of football. The EFL have been satisfied with the reasons given for the postponement. Therefore Neil Warnock and any other clueless critics can take their ill informed opinions and file them where the sun don’t shine (which would be be appropriate for Wales)

Looks a bit like the evening match when Rodger Palmer broke the 'Latics scoring record. That was on the plastic pitch of course, can't remember the opponents, but it started snowing during the game, we won 4-1, and Rodger scored a hat-trick, IIRC

April 1989 ipswich town home 4-1 bro 

Oh dear what a performance by the "Black Cat's" last night at "Lack of Pride Park".  The lack of a post from our resident "Rams" fan says it all. 

Play Off hopefuls,I very much doubt. Relegation certainties I also begin to doubt.

Poor old "Brucie" the Derby defender was heard to say "What do prizes make?" .The fans answer points (In this case to Sunderland).    :jester:  :jester:

Oh dear what a performance by the "Black Cat's" last night at "Lack of Pride Park".  The lack of a post from our resident "Rams" fan says it all. 

Play Off hopefuls,I very much doubt. Relegation certainties I also begin to doubt.

Poor old "Brucie" the Derby defender was heard to say "What do prizes make?" .The fans answer points (In this case to Sunderland).    :jester:  :jester:

I actually posted on another thread. Still drying out from getting soaked during the walk back from the ground to the car park. I am sure Sunderland fans enjoyed their journey home. Never has a team had to work less hard for four goals. Each one arrived gift wrapped from an inept Derby defender. They looked like a team that had not played competitively for three weeks but no excuse.

The other thing I meant to say, there were three cracking programmes on ITV4 over the last week or two.  The first was about the influx of foreign players back in the '70's and as a life long Spurs fan and then Ipswich when we moved there, it was a joy to see Ardiles, Villa, Muhren and Thijssen.  Biggest shock was how old they are now, but then I looked in the mirror.... :O

The next two were how English clubs dominated the European scene with loads of interviews with Liverpool, Notts Forest and Villa players.  Great stuff.  Interesting views on Ron Saunders from the players.

Worth a look if you can track them down.

https://www.itv.com/hub/footballs-foreign-legion/2a5528a0001

https://www.itv.com/hub/when-english-football-ruled-europe/2a5405

...it was a joy to see Ardiles, Villa, Muhren and Thijssen.  Biggest shock was how old they are now, but then I looked in the mirror.... :O

Yes, I get the same thing. Someone mentioned one of my old teachers the other day, and that he was just turning 70. That can't be right, I thought - he was definitely pretty young when I was at school. Then I did some quick maths, and the penny dropped.

Edited by Steve K

• RMweb Gold

Everton were lucky that Man City took their foot off the gas yesterday. Even so, an unenviable record for the lowest possession of a home team in the Premier League, 18%! We barely deserved to get nil let alone a goal.

Highlight of the week at Blackpool was the delivery of a Portaloo to the training ground. Saves the players having to pee in the bushes*. Gives an idea of how little investment there has been in the club; the former chairman used to say, "We are the envy of the Football League". Whichever club you support just hope somebody is keeping a close eye on what is going on. It could be happening at your club.

* I don't want to know about anything else.