Bachmann Berry Wiggins Tanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Does any one know if Bachmann are planning to re-release the Berry Wiggins tank wagons.

Looking on e-bay of late people are paying up to ??25 for these wagons secondhand, which does seem a bit crazy.

For the DIY'er we are left with Model Master and POW Sides decals. Both have there faults but reasonable representations can be made combining decals from both manufacturers.

Do you think Bachmann take in to account trends such as these generated on e-bay to address supply and demand?

i once (in my steam days) had a rake of these in both silver and black, the black in three diffeferent versions. They sold well on e-bay from memory.

I dont see Bachmann doing a re-run at least not for some time, Bachmann dont seem to be doing many 14t tankers at the momment so repeating a livery would not make as much commercial success as a new livery world?

• RMweb Gold

i once (in my steam days) had a rake of these in both silver and black, the black in three diffeferent versions. They sold well on e-bay from memory.

I dont see Bachmann doing a re-run at least not for some time, Bachmann dont seem to be doing many 14t tankers at the momment so repeating a livery would not make as much commercial success as a new livery world?

Hi there,

I guess I agree with what you say and I'm having to respray wagons to get this livery as mentioned before. Sometimes you think you would find some cheap ones on e-bay to respray but even the second hand ones are going way over the odds-and that's not even the Wiggins ones.

Think if anyone has a stash of these wagons nows the time to sell!

Thanks,

Mark

PS. By the way Piemanlarger you sent a message to me on e-bay regarding a Howes Class 67 sound decoder.

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Does any one know if Bachmann are planning to re-release the Berry Wiggins tank wagons.

Looking on e-bay of late people are paying up to ??25 for these wagons secondhand, which does seem a bit crazy.

For the DIY'er we are left with Model Master and POW Sides decals. Both have there faults but reasonable representations can be made combining decals from both manufacturers.

Do you think Bachmann take in to account trends such as these generated on e-bay to address supply and demand?

You could always try these.He does three different versions.

http://www.robbiesrollingstock.co.uk/Tank_Wagons.htm

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Thanks, this may be the answer, especially having the 'Liquaphalt' sheilds as well. Are these transfers waterslide?

Thanks, Mark

I assume so.You could email him to find out or visit his stand if you are going to Warley.Its a shame they aren't available RTR in OO.

• RMweb Gold

I assume so.You could email him to find out or visit his stand if you are going to Warley.Its a shame they aren't available RTR in OO.

They are via e-bay at ??25 a time-Kerching!wink.gif

Are you modelling these yourself?

• RMweb Gold

They are via e-bay at ??25 a time-Kerching!wink.gif

Are you modelling these yourself?

Not those but I do have a few other Bachmann 14ton ones like the Esso ,Mobil and Fina .I fancy a couple of the buff coloured ones eventually if they are suitable for a pre world war 2 layout.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one, nice model but I wouldn't pay ??25 to have another to go with it. I can see why they are popular though, they do look good. I have some other Bachmann tank wagons too, wonder when the bottom will fall out of this particular market

Can anyone tell me what the Bachmann tank wagon is a prototype of? I know it's had a huge number of different liveries, but what are the 'real' ones?

Thanks,

Jon

Generic PO build I think with 9ft metal underframe. Prewar builds these things had as much variety as the mineral wagons though. I think they only do a cradle version but i'd have to check my 3-wagon sets. Some wagons featured anchors I believe. Geoff Kent covers them in the 4mm wagon series.

David Geen does a nice kit of the wooden solebar variety in white metal.

Archived