Hornby R6446 Blue Circle PCA

rob D2

I believe there were some running on the weekend of the Manchester exhibition this year because there were several of them in Earles Sidings ;)

That would include the Moorswater to Earles Cement tanks then

http://markfew.fotop.../p50100924.html

http://ukrailrolling.../p28919373.html

Should be alright for the late 90s - They're still in use today albeit usually being hauled around by FL 66's – not sure what used to haul it in the 90s though - Would EWS 37s have been the staple for the cement traffic?

I would have thought the plain grey ones would be more appropriate for the late 90s than the yellow/blue blue circle logo's they did.

Some later refurbs did receive branding (but without the yellow boxes) although that seems to have gone again - but i've only seen evidence of that livery on the straight barrel "Metalair" PCAs not the vee tanks.

EWS had the haulage contract till circa 2003/4 when it passed to Freightliner.

Nice one chaps,

I shall hunt some down, I had a nice rake of 6 but sold them when I went off 'modern' modelling for a while. I need some for my little cement works, to supplement the Heljan cargowaggons on bagged cement and the MEAs which bring the coal in. Also use full for bringing in 'flyash',

I am thinking of the flow before FL took over, i.e early EWS years . There was a hope - moorswater flow which had all sorts of 37s turn up on it and used both the PCAs and vans. I also have a FL 66/6 for more recent times...

For a bit more variation EWS used VGA's with the blue circle liveried vans, when FL took over they got hold of additional cargowaggons to make up the shortfall which is why on more modern pics there is a mix of Blue Circle and other liveries (plain, cargowaggon branded and at least one with Perrier logo's!)

Archived