H&B Bracket Signal

Over two years ago, I put the early days of this signal on the old forum, and then I more or less forgot about it. While having a clear out I came across it and decided to restart work. When finished it will go on may own layout an imaginary connection set somewhere in Hull between the H&B and NE c1962. Left hand doll to H&B Section, and as fitted with UQ arms, Right hand doll to NE and in original condition of c1914. Usual brass construction and ex D&S arms etc now avalable from MSE. Mick.

post-702-089042800 1291407787_thumb.jpg

Spread around the old NE and H&B area of the LNER/NE Region, there were numerous examples of "Mixed" arms on the same signal. A few examples attached, the "SBN" signal later had two UQ arms with H&B Distants below, and as the photo shows right-hand doll ex NE LQ. Mick Nicholson.

post-702-039787200 1291486369_thumb.jpg

post-702-011794700 1291486381_thumb.jpg

post-702-007192100 1291486393_thumb.jpg

post-702-006058000 1291486410_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At last, I'm back on with the bracket signal and now very close to it being finished, I may even manage to do that, before I go back to work on Wednesday. As you can see, I have altered the two wire cranks fitted to the front trimmer and they now look far more presentable. Mick

post-702-094689700 1292780642_thumb.jpg

Dear Jonathan, thanks for your kind comments re my signal. Still a bit to do, I will see what it is like when it is finished. I note, and apart from a few details I still have the bracket casting to fabricate.

Yes, I will have one or more for you in "The George", after today, seven night shifts are to follow. My mates Deirdre and Laura also like a mouth full or two, they will keep me out of trouble. Best Wishes, Mick.

• 8 months later...

post-702-0-58454200-1315682045_thumb.jpg

At last I have got back on my tools and I'm modelling again. I started again last night, the model had been at the back of the bench since last December and as you can see it as been knocked about a bit. A bit of paint and care will soon have it right. Apart from the LQ arm the others remain to be connected up. Mick. ;

• RMweb Gold

At last I have got back on my tools and I'm modelling again. I started again last night, the model had been at the back of the bench since last December and as you can see it as been knocked about a bit. A bit of paint and care will soon have it right. Apart from the LQ arm the others remain to be connected up. Mick. ;

You'll have to put her down if you're getting on with the signal Mick ;)

Looks wonderful Mick! Glad to see your work back on here!

Jon F.

Thanks John for the kind words. Apart from a few experiments with various ideas, first real modelling I have done for months. Like yourself, the day job dosen't help, but 12 hours and restdays bring in the extra cash. I will post another picture when I get everything tided up. Mick.

Archived