Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

H&B Bracket Signal

Over two years ago, I put the early days of this signal on the old forum, and then I more or less forgot about it. While having a clear out I came across it and decided to restart work. When finished it will go on may own layout an imaginary connection set somewhere in Hull between the H&B and NE c1962. Left hand doll to H&B Section, and as fitted with UQ arms, Right hand doll to NE and in original condition of c1914. Usual brass construction and ex D&S arms etc now avalable from MSE. Mick.

post-702-089042800 1291407787_thumb.jpg

Spread around the old NE and H&B area of the LNER/NE Region, there were numerous examples of "Mixed" arms on the same signal. A few examples attached, the "SBN" signal later had two UQ arms with H&B Distants below, and as the photo shows right-hand doll ex NE LQ. Mick Nicholson.

post-702-039787200 1291486369_thumb.jpg

post-702-011794700 1291486381_thumb.jpg

post-702-007192100 1291486393_thumb.jpg

post-702-006058000 1291486410_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

At last, I'm back on with the bracket signal and now very close to it being finished, I may even manage to do that, before I go back to work on Wednesday. As you can see, I have altered the two wire cranks fitted to the front trimmer and they now look far more presentable. Mick

post-702-094689700 1292780642_thumb.jpg

Dear Jonathan, thanks for your kind comments re my signal. Still a bit to do, I will see what it is like when it is finished. I note, and apart from a few details I still have the bracket casting to fabricate.

Yes, I will have one or more for you in "The George", after today, seven night shifts are to follow. My mates Deirdre and Laura also like a mouth full or two, they will keep me out of trouble. Best Wishes, Mick.

• 8 months later...

post-702-0-58454200-1315682045_thumb.jpg

At last I have got back on my tools and I'm modelling again. I started again last night, the model had been at the back of the bench since last December and as you can see it as been knocked about a bit. A bit of paint and care will soon have it right. Apart from the LQ arm the others remain to be connected up. Mick. ;

• RMweb Gold

At last I have got back on my tools and I'm modelling again. I started again last night, the model had been at the back of the bench since last December and as you can see it as been knocked about a bit. A bit of paint and care will soon have it right. Apart from the LQ arm the others remain to be connected up. Mick. ;

You'll have to put her down if you're getting on with the signal Mick ;)

Looks wonderful Mick! Glad to see your work back on here!

Jon F.

Thanks John for the kind words. Apart from a few experiments with various ideas, first real modelling I have done for months. Like yourself, the day job dosen't help, but 12 hours and restdays bring in the extra cash. I will post another picture when I get everything tided up. Mick.

I should check here more often. Wow Mick! The ramshackleness of the different arms in conjunction with the smokey weathering make a wonderful contrast to the trueness of the engineering and straight operating wires. ...Poetry in signalling!

Archived