Fotopic Premium

Burkitt

I'm thinking of upgrading my Alternative Railways site to a premium account (next time they do a half price offer, anyway) and have a few questions I was hoping existing users might be able to answer.

Firstly, it was mentioned on old RMweb that you can get the money from the Google Adsense adverts on your site, but I can't find this mentioned anywhere in Fotopic's list of premium features. Can anyone tell me whether this is the case or not?

Also, is it possible to control which images are available to purchase via the printshop? Some of the photos my images are based on are published under licenses which prohibit commercial use, so I would need be be able to ensure that these ones could not be bought.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm unsure of an answer to either of your questions, though would thoroughly recomend Premium if it fills your needs. I upgrade on the half price days biggrin.gif and if you are even considering buying extra quota, then Premium can be quite cost effective. I would however also be interested in an answer about Google ads... It also has benefits such as allowing unlimited direct linking...

A thought I've just had about the print shop, Premium allows you to have tons of galleries (100 IIRC), and the properties of each gallery can be controlled independantly, including copyright, print shop, info, pdf, etc. So you could allow print shop on your main gallery, but not allow it on the gallery for photoshop jobs for example.

As a quick comparison, here's my main site: http://www.joalder.fotopic.net/ (which I'm still in the progress of tidying up) and here is another I set up quickly just to dump some images in http://josmisc.fotopic.net/

The customisability is one of the things I really like with fotopic, which makes it worth my money, along with it's ease of use

Sorry for wandering a bit, HTH

EDIT, just found this on the help at Fotopic, http://fotopic.net/help/googleads.php

Can I Put My Own Adverts On My Gallery?

If you have signed up for your own Google Adsense account to generate an income and you are a Fotopic Plus or Premium subscriber, you're welcome to put your own adverts in your gallery header, footer or a minibox. However; if you are a Fotopic Free subscriber, our system will automatically disable any Google adverts you place on the gallery site.

If you have any questions you can email help [at] fotopic.net or pop into the support chatroom.

cheers

jo

• 2 months later...

Hi Dudley, thanks for the recommendation. I upgraded to Fotopic Plus over the new year weekend when they were doing a half price offer. I now get all the add revenue from the site, which is so far a grand total of ??0.00 .

Just a question, why do you use Fotopic as against Zenfolio (say)? I've got to move away from a free Flickr account and am also looking at the options!

Fotopic seems to be the dominant site for railway images, so it was the one I was most aware of when looking for a service to use. I'd never heard of Zenfolio before, the only other site I was considering was Flickr, but that doesn't seem to let you set your own gallery design etc like Fotopic.

Paul

Fotopic seems to be the dominant site for railway images, so it was the one I was most aware of when looking for a service to use. I'd never heard of Zenfolio before, the only other site I was considering was Flickr, but that doesn't seem to let you set your own gallery design etc like Fotopic.

Paul

Ok thanks :)

Archived