Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Spares...

I know there is a dedicated service for Hornby Spares (East Kent Models?), but where on earth do I source Bachmann Spares without paying through the nose for secondhand stuff on that auction site?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Richard

Hi Richard

That figure of £27.50 seems excessive for, I think 4 small screws, I have dealt with Bachmann directly on Many ocasions and have never been dissapointed (unlike Hornby, they are helpful & carry spares).

The last time I used them I needed a new Bogie mounting that I broke when I dropped the Loco, I phoned them on 01455 841756 and the Service Manager asked me to send a stamped addressed envelope, which I did and they sent the part by return, FREE of charge.

Can't get much better service than that.

Cheers

Bob

I'll add my twopennyworth of praise for Bachmann service as well. First time I needed help it was for a split axlemuff for a Hall and they sent a set of 3 and the gear wheel for the price of an sae. The second was a replacement motor which was £12.50 (£27.50 for 4 screws?!!) and on both occassions had a lot of helpful advice and very prompt service.

Bill

Last week on their web site I asked for the loco brake rigging which was missing on the K3 I had bought from the Bachmann stand at Warley.

Today it arrived in the post.

Amazing service, and thanks to Bachmann if they read this!!

Leen.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I have an old H0 Bachmann Norfolk and Western Class J locomotive which by and large is in good condition.

Whilst the wheels are in good condition, unfortunately the rear wheel black plastic gear has albut disintegrated.

I have contacted Bachmann UK but they are unable to help.

It is just a matter of whether any forum member may either have one of these or who know of a distributor who might be able to help.

Thanks,

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

SAE padded bag is the most expensive anything from Bachmann has cost me. Fill in the form and see what they say - it will not cost you anything to do that.

Same here when I needed some Warship bogie mounting clips. 5 star seller. B)

• RMweb Premium

Hi Richard

That figure of £27.50 seems excessive for, I think 4 small screws, I have dealt with Bachmann directly on Many ocasions and have never been dissapointed (unlike Hornby, they are helpful & carry spares).

Cheers

Bob

The 27.50 GBP is the cost for Bachmann to service the locomotive and return it.

• 3 years later...

Hi Richard

The last time I used them I needed a new Bogie mounting that I broke when I dropped the Loco, I phoned them on 01455 841756 and the Service Manager asked me to send a stamped addressed envelope, which I did and they sent the part by return, FREE of charge.

Can't get much better service than that.

Cheers

Bob

Just to update this tip to say I had excellent service from their Spares dept as you describe and ordered tiny springs and screws for the 8750 Pannier (P4 conversion, parts lost in carpet!) and was emailed with Paypal / credit card request for the cost of £6 all inc postage for a bunch of each - very fair.  The whole thing was achieved within 5 minutes from phoning to returning the paypal email and payment.

Hi.

I have an old H0 Bachmann Norfolk and Western Class J locomotive which by and large is in good condition.

Whilst the wheels are in good condition, unfortunately the rear wheel black plastic gear has albut disintegrated.

I have contacted Bachmann UK but they are unable to help.

It is just a matter of whether any forum member may either have one of these or who know of a distributor who might be able to help.

Thanks,

Jeff

Spares for Bachmann US outline locos can usually be obtained direct from Bachmann USA

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/prod_serv.php

I had to use them once and found them to be as easy and quick to deal with as the Bachmann UK service.

Steve

Model Railway Imports

Canada

I will add my two penny worth and confirm what others have said.  Excellent service from Bachmann Technical Service Department in Leicester- telephoning after emailing sometimes hurries the process along.  Sometimes it has been 'free' and on other occasions a small charge.

Regards

Ray

Archived