Decoder fitting Bachmn S&D 7f

Just a quick note for anyone fittng decoder in the New Bachmann S&D 7f...............................................

Its the usual Bachmann system 21 pin decoder in tender

However the instructions state that a screw in each corner of the tender chassis hase to be removed to remove the tender body

BUT there are in fact only THREE screws !! One corner doesnt have a screw! Its not that its missing on my loco there isnt the facility to fit one!!

As usual its another briliant Bachman loco!!

• RMweb Gold

....and watch the very delicate floor at the front of the tender when removing the body of the tender - the front is quite difficult to get off (and back on). As for chipping I used a Bachmann 21-8 adapter and 8pin Lenz - very nice running once I got the adapter the right way up... doh... I needed to unscrew the circuit board in the tender to make room for all the various boards and wires.

Chris

....and watch the very delicate floor at the front of the tender when removing the body of the tender - the front is quite difficult to get off (and back on). As for chipping I used a Bachmann 21-8 adapter and 8pin Lenz - very nice running once I got the adapter the right way up... doh... I needed to unscrew the circuit board in the tender to make room for all the various boards and wires.

Chris

I had no problem with removing or refitting the tender body just cam of when the 3 screws were removed!

I just used a 21 pin Bachmann decoder!! no space problems, Running qualities are superb once CVs 3 & 4 are set correctly!

Archived