Exciting Times Ahead

dikitriki

Hi

There was one very exciting (sad isn't it) sit up and pay attention moment while reading the latest Gauge O Guild Gazette - namely the announcement that MOK are to do a BR Standard 4 4-6-0 and a 9F next year. Knowing Dave's attention to detail and quality control, I can't see them being released that quickly, but nevertheless fantastic news for BR standard fans. For those that aren't familiar with the range, in my opinion, they are the best (steam outline) bar none. I'm already saving my pennies.

Richard

And they are in addition to the BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4 Tank loco that's available in both Finescale and ScaleSeven.smile.gif

Whilst I had an official footplate trip on 80078 on the Swanage Railway recently, there's no way I could justify one on either of my planned East Suffolk layouts and anyway I've got too many other kits on my 'wanted' list.

Hi

There was one very exciting (sad isn't it) sit up and pay attention moment while reading the latest Gauge O Guild Gazette - namely the announcement that MOK are to do a BR Standard 4 4-6-0 and a 9F next year. Knowing Dave's attention to detail and quality control, I can't see them being released that quickly, but nevertheless fantastic news for BR standard fans. For those that aren't familiar with the range, in my opinion, they are the best (steam outline) bar none. I'm already saving my pennies.

Richard

Yes I saw that, the 9f should be a good 'un I'm just working out how much a set of AGH castings will cost :icon_biggrin:

I have not heard of MOK.

Do they have a website or somewhere I can see their range?

Sort of http://www.modernoutline.co.uk - although it hasn't been updated for a while. Probably better searching the old RMweb site for MOK 14xx, 8F

or Ressaldar's Q1 blog - http://www.rmweb.co....auge-workbench/

I saw some one at the Preston show last year building the std 4 tank - the instructions alone were a work of art, one that a few other manufacturers could learn a few lessons from.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent many a enjoyable day firing 80135 on the NYMR, it's nickname amongst the crews is the office, due to it's level of crew comfort, ie "had a good day in the office today".

I may not be a Swindon fan, but I think it looks great in Green shame none where that colour in BR days.

If anyone is building a MOK 4MT and would like any referance pictures I have taken quite a few and intend to take a few more now that 80135 has had it's boiler lifted for overhaul. just ask.

Here's eagerly awaiting the S7 version.

J.P. Venus

If anyone is building a MOK 4MT and would like any referance pictures I have taken quite a few and intend to take a few more now that 80135 has had it's boiler lifted for overhaul. just ask.

I've got an order in for the S7 version so I'll probably get back to you later for some photo's. Mulling over plans at the moment for a S7 entry to the 2010 challenge, the 4MT would suit nicely so I hope it turns up soon.

In the meantime I'm considering either the 2F or 3F from JLTRT, the photo's of the inside motion for the kits looks very nice indeed.

In the meantime I'm considering either the 2F or 3F from JLTRT, the photo's of the inside motion for the kits looks very nice indeed.

Yes it does look nice, but it looks as if the crank is an eccentric, if you see what I mean!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a working email address for Dave @ MOK. Spoke to Dave today and very helpful he was but I tried to get an email to him and it has been rejected.

I am seriously thinking of diving in the very deep end with a standard 4MT from MOK.

Got the MOK product brochure via email. Mrs has been asking what I want for Xmas, I've printed out the email from Dave at MOK, attached it to the printed out brochure, we shall now wait and see what santa brings.

Has anyone built or got MOK std 4MT 2-6-4 kit? Any words of advice? Any photos?

I know I am biting a lot off, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Wooooo hooooo! Christmas has come early! Today's post brought a letter from Dave (MOK) to say that my S7 4MT is ready for dispatch. Now I'll have to sort out wheels, motor and gearbox.

Im glad I came across this as I was seriously considering a DJH 9f. but seeing the quality of the MOK locos Id wait for this one instead, not that I dont like the DJH one but it would have cheesed me off if Id have went for one then this come out, mainly for having the choice of what to go for.

id be jumping in right at the deep end with a 9f but I really want one.

anyone know what the boiler/firebox arrangement will be?

cheers

Mike

My MOK 4MT arrived this morning and all I can say is WOW, there must be well over a hundred lost wax castings all the etches are Nickel Silver, a fifty page instruction book, I kind of almost feel ripped off by every kit I've bought in the past.

anyone know what the boiler/firebox arrangement will be?

The boiler on the 4MT is Nickel Silver with a cast whitemetal Firebox.

J.P.

My MOK 4MT arrived this morning and all I can say is WOW, there must be well over a hundred lost wax castings all the etches are Nickel Silver, a fifty page instruction book, I kind of almost feel ripped off by every kit I've bought in the past.

J.P.

Hi JP

What a nice Xmas pressie!

Now you have to exercise self-restraint to complete all your other models first - unlike me of course!.

Regards

Richard

before christmas I emailed MOK regarding the 9f and had a very nice reply straight away from Dave who told me the 9f may be 2010 or 2011, theyre concentrating on other kits at the moment, he also attached some instructions for the br 2-6-4t, the instructions are fantastic and the quality of the parts in the instruction photos look superb.

I cant wait to get my hands on one of these kits its just that they dont do anything which I really want, probably the 8f would be top of my list, but id like other locos first.

I cant wait to see the 9f :) . debating now, do I wait or go for the DJH kit this year?

Mike

I cant wait to see the 9f :) . debating now, do I wait or go for the DJH kit this year?

I'd wait! It will be in a different league and you'll regret not waiting for it. Why not start with the 8F, that'll keep you busy until the 9F is available!

Adrian

Yeah Ill wait for the MOK 9f smile.gif

at the moment Im looking for the next nice & long, good quality, go together well, least frustrating kit project to do over the next year.

but in the meantime I may try and do something very frustrating and try and build an ex crosti 9f!!!

both types are a favourite.

Mike

MOK are definitely the one to watch. Wonder if they might consider resurrecting their 4mm scale etched diesel kits - fiddly they might have been, but the 40 and 47 haven't really been bettered by RTR, and the 08 would still hold its own....

Stop dreaming man, why don't you just come out of the closet and admit you want to model in 7mm ;) you know it makes sense :).

Regards, Martyn.

Archived