Rail Express January 2011

Jim Martin

That's the first bit of feedback on this venture that I've seen. Very interesting. I think I'll be sticking with the print version (haven't got a laptop / netbook; can't take the PC into the loo :O ) but I think it's an imaginative step. So was the large format, although not that many people seem to have taken to it. I liked it, though, and I'll be sorry to see the back of it.

Jim

Readfing between the lines - is the ridiculous super-size paper being given the elbow along with the Mostyn serial. Hussah!

The size was one of my reasons to give the electronic version a go, The mice being one of the other ones when they decided they would make a home in the box of my back issues. Serves me right for not puting them in a plastic box. Might even get some of my replacement back issues through this medium too if I can, just have to think about what articles are most important to recover.

Readfing between the lines - is the ridiculous super-size paper being given the elbow along with the Mostyn serial. Hussah!

Nothing so simple for the folks at REx!! The latest issue is smaller than the large-format ones, but appreciably larger than the old ones used to be. It's about half an inch less in both dimensions than recent issues, which means that it's fractionally taller and about three-quarters of an inch wider than the old "standard-sized" ones.

Jim

I am now 2 issues behind and they have supposed to have sent 2 copies of the first one. USed to get it 2 to 3 days after the UK subscribers. Will not be renewing but may well take the electronic version as it is cheaper and not reliant on the post

Recieved my copy last week, after being quite critical of the last couple of copies I am pleased to report (for me at least) this one has been much better. I enjoyed the layout feature with excellent photographs and the extended warley report. There were more modelling pages and this looks like it is set to continue.

Apparently Hornby have promised us exciting new developments in D&E for 2012. (new 67 perhaps)!

If this continues I will look at subscribing to the electronic copy, I wonder if the new size is to bring it in line with other magazines belonging to the same group.

cheers

mark

Archived