Tornado Suport coach

Are any manfactors or kits doing a model of the suport coach that is coupled to tornado for spares, living and crew as i have been told

Sam

If it's any help, it appears to be a standard Mk1 Brake First, M14007:

http://37427.fotopic.net/p60723541.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Railway_carriage_M14007_Sheffield_Midland_station_24_March_2009.jpg

although the Wikipedia article has BCK 21249 at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Steam_Locomotive_Trust#Support_coach

I noticed the comment on one of those photos: The coach is on loan to the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust for Tornado's mainline tours, while the Trust restores their own at their Darlington Works.

The one they are restoring might be the same, dunno though?

If you search for 21249, some photos come up which look suspiciously like the other coach, so I reckon some photographers are making assumptions, e.g. on railpictures.net.

• 12 years later...

Having just purchased a Bachmann model of Tornado, I also am looking for help with the support coach. Having read the previous posts in this thread, I think I can safely say that the support coach is mk1 bck 21249. There are pictures of it on the A1SLT's website. I think it was reliveried from carmine and cream to lined maroon during lockdown.

My main question is this, does anyone make transfers for the coach?

Having looked at various pictures online, it doesn't appear to have any unique logos or lettering on the exterior. I'm going to guess all I need is the vehicle number. The base of my model will be a Hornby mk1 bck in maroon livery.

My next question is will the underframe need modifying due to its form departmental career?

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

Having just purchased a Bachmann model of Tornado, I also am looking for help with the support coach. Having read the previous posts in this thread, I think I can safely say that the support coach is mk1 bck 21249. There are pictures of it on the A1SLT's website. I think it was reliveried from carmine and cream to lined maroon during lockdown.

My main question is this, does anyone make transfers for the coach?

Having looked at various pictures online, it doesn't appear to have any unique logos or lettering on the exterior. I'm going to guess all I need is the vehicle number. The base of my model will be a Hornby mk1 bck in maroon livery.

My next question is will the underframe need modifying due to its form departmental career?

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Have a look here: Maybe @Phil Mc can add more?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I can tell you, all the transfers, including the number, came from railtec….

I can’t tell you, anything else about the build, because I can’t remember !!!

The details of what I did will more than likely be in my thread, but I’ll have a look at the underframe of the coach next time I call in to see my parents, which is where the coach lives.

Cheers,

Phil.