Gauge Master question

jhock

• RMweb Gold

Can any one tell me the difference betweena Gauge master 100M controller and the SF series single controller?

I have both and different loco's run better on either controller, I am just curious as to what the difference is.

Is the SF series feedback controllers ?

• RMweb Gold

I think it is feedback but I have no idea what that is or what it does.

Taken from the Gaugemaster website.

??? FEEDBACK: Feedback controllers create a closed loop between the controller and the locomotive which senses the load in the circuit and constantly adjusts the output. This will maintain the locomotive at an even speed up and down gradients and around curves without altering the regulator of the controller. Feedback controllers are not suitable for Portescap or other coreless motors or for poor quality mechanisms particularly in ???N??™ and other small gauges.

• RMweb Gold

Can any one tell me the difference betweena Gauge master 100M controller and the SF series single controller?

I have both and different loco's run better on either controller, I am just curious as to what the difference is.

I also think the diffence is that the 100M can take a handheld conroller in the back.Looking on the website I can't see the SF model listed.It may be discontinued.I can't believe the prices of the controllers these days. :blink:

I also think the diffence is that the 100M can take a handheld conroller in the back.Looking on the website I can't see the SF model listed.It may be discontinued.I can't believe the prices of the controllers these days. :blink:

Thanks for that, my american stock seems to run better on the 1OOM, the SF series I have does have socket for hand held, I have one that fits it.

I bought these some years ago, I think they where about half the price they are now! I just checked the price, I paid ??30 they are ??70 now!

Archived