0 Gauge Class 33/1 parts

bagpipes331

Hi,

I am picking up a couple of the Heljan 0 gauge 33s at the weekend. I'm not being greedy, I am hoping to convert one of them to a 33/1.

Does anyone have any info on where I may be able to obtain a detailing kit to complete the conversion?

Thanks in anticipation.... Rich

Hi Rich

I look forward to seeing the finished loco as i have always had a soft spot for the cromptons. I was tempted to buy one but i cannot justify spending £400 plus on a crompton when i model 1940s isle of wight. Once again i look forward to the pics of the finished loco.

Regards Kev :good_mini:

Hi Rich

I look forward to seeing the finished loco as i have always had a soft spot for the cromptons. I was tempted to buy one but i cannot justify spending £400 plus on a crompton when i model 1940s isle of wight. Once again i look forward to the pics of the finished loco.

Regards Kev :good_mini:

Kev,

I have a couple of projects on the go, but once I crack on and get the parts, sound decoders etc, I will post some pics.

Thanks for your interest,

Rich.

• 1 month later...

Peter Clark does southern DEMU's and EMU's so he might sell the jumper castings on their own. Might have to knock up a corridor buffer out of plasticard though. JLTRT does a drophead buckeye and I know RJH did, so this might be done by PRMRP now.

Hi Brian,

Just seen your pics of your 33/1, she looks great!! Did you use Pete's castings for the jumpers etc?

Also would you mind me using a photo of your weathered 33/0 as reference for a company to weather mine?

Regards, Rich

No problem Rich you can use my picture for your weathering project.

The best airpipes if you can get hold of them are the ones DJH use in their 03. You do get 2 spare in a kit (so long as you don't do a southern one!) so you need to find someone who has a couple of spares as well. I should have some etched bogie steps later this week from Pete Harvey to build and finish off my 33/1.

No problem Rich you can use my picture for your weathering project.

The best airpipes if you can get hold of them are the ones DJH use in their 03. You do get 2 spare in a kit (so long as you don't do a southern one!) so you need to find someone who has a couple of spares as well. I should have some etched bogie steps later this week from Pete Harvey to build and finish off my 33/1.

Thanks Brian.

Archived