Glueing Signboard

A local sign manufacturer gave us a number of off-cuts of the plastic board that is used for modern signage- not sure if it is true foam board.

We would like to use it for profile boards to protect the expanded polybead landforms at the baseboards edges - however what glueing system is recommended to adhereing this stuff to plywood baseboard tops?

Hot glue gun, Gorilla, white PVA?

DesA

• RMweb Premium

It will take a hot glue gun, but I 've only used it so far for making structures, and I re-inforce the corners with wedges of the same material. If you pull hard enough you can break the bonds quite cleanly.

In you're use, I think a impact adhesive would be better, something like Evostick, other brands are available. I'm assuming you're using it on edge with the flat side protecting the landscaping. PVA might not be ideal, no grab. Not any experience of Gorilla.

I'd lightly abrase the surface of the board to key it, as it's quite smooth.

I get loads of it from were I work, and the foamboard type too :D

HTH

Rob

Try using Upvc solvent adhesive from a plumbers merchant - it bonds Foamex in the same way as polystyrene cement reacts with plasticard.

Be aware of the fumes though as it is extremely volatile and gives a permanent fixing. Dont make mistakes!

Foamex is the same material as Upvc soffits and bargeboarding - offcuts of those come in handy for structuring as well.

Shaun.

Archived