Argos Hornby Legends Flying Scotsman and Mallard

AshleyH

I've been looking at a couple of Hornby Limited Edition Locos on the Argos website, they form an exclusive series to Argos and associated companies.

They are a Flying Scotsman in LNER Green and a Mallard in LNER Blue. I've not been able to see one in the flesh, so wonder if anyone on here has bought one or seen one close up?

At the moment they are on sale at £58.99 for the Flying Scotsman (Argos No. 267/1286)and £65.99 for the Mallard (Argos No. 267/1853.

From the illustrations on the Argos website they appear to be Railroad series locos, but the images are not always correct, the Argos website show the Cunarder Train Pack with super detailed lighted pullmans, but in fact only comes with the earlier unlit pullmans.

Any information appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ashley

Guest dilbert

Not seen or bought either, but the RRP quoted for FS is £79.99, and for the Mallard £89.99 on the ARgos site places these items in the Railroad range - agree that some tidying up of images / products would prove beneficial... dilbert

According to the new Argos catalogue the Hornby Legends range are 'enhanced Hornby RailRoad model' :blink: .

IIRC the new models in this range according to the catalogue are Nunney Castle and Evening Star. Also Flying Scotsman and Mallard are not in the new catalogue.

Yes, just been browsing the Argos website myself. It seems that the Mallard and Flying Scotsman have been withdrawn from sale with the launch of the new catalogue, as have the White Pullman and Flying Scotsman train packs that I mentioned in another thread. They will probably turn up on Argos Clearance on Ebay in a week or two. Looks like I didn't miss anything, as even at the sale prices, they were still dearer than you could pick up a Railroad A3 or A4 for anyway.

Interstingly, the illustrations on the website for Evening Star and Nunney Castle both show a box image of a tender drive Hornby King loco......

• 1 year later...

Archived