Hi guys

Here are some pictures of my newly finished Colas 66841

post-6665-12579635546333_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12579635556836_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12579635566798_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12579635618219_thumb.jpg post-6665-12579635609261_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12579635536403_thumb.jpg

post-6665-12579635595975_thumb.jpg

It took a while to do but It was fun a tricky livery to paint.

The decals are from Precision Labels / Precision Decals and very good as you can see.

Pete

Hopefully the prototypes will prove more reliable than some of the 47s have been. I wonder if they'll call it 'St Clements'?

Wow! That is a sexy beast! Well done there Pete! Good stuff! Can I con Bachmann to bring this out in their 2010 range? Or a REM ltd edition.... really good stuff there matey! Also, your Class 20/3 etches are very very good! Top notch! Pictures available on 'OMWB' page on my webiste (http://edinburghjunction.webs.com/)

Hi guys

Here are some pictures of my newly finished Colas 66841

Nice Work Pete;

John has very kindly done me a set of N Gauge transfers for 'said' model. Hope fully, the cantrail stripes will be applied tomorrow and the end result will be seen shortly.

Regards;

STU from EGDL

http://stusphotos.fotopic.net

Brilliant re-sprays there guys. Just one question though:

How do you apply your cantrail stripes and what do you use. I still can't find an easy way other than a lining pen (which I don't have)that will give good results. I tried transfers last year but they broke up easily. I even tried hardening them with a bit of varnish first but they still broke. Masking the thin line is a little tricky too.

Cheers

Martin

I use an Easi Liner pen cost me ??33.00 and worth every penny there are four different sizes in the set and most useful I have spoken with the manufacturer Peter Spoerer and he is more than happy to answer any questiond that you may have E-Mail address below.

peterspoerer@fast-mail.net

Pete

I use an Easi Liner pen cost me ??33.00 and worth every penny there are four different sizes in the set and most useful I have spoken with the manufacturer Peter Spoerer and he is more than happy to answer any questiond that you may have E-Mail address below.

peterspoerer@fast-mail.net

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I'll have to look them up. The girlfriend is wondering what to get me for Christmas so I may just have found my present :)

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Pete,

I'll have to look them up. The girlfriend is wondering what to get me for Christmas so I may just have found my present :)

Cheers

Martin

Not as brave as Pete, I've been using good old Fox cantrail lining. The trick is to avoid twisting it - immense grief and frustration always follows if you do!

Archived