Does any one have a dimensioned drawing for a 21 or 18 inch vacum cylinder.

Gordon A

I am after information to have a master for a 21 inch vacum cylinder to produce castings in 4mm / 00.

The current castings do not meet my requirements with for example, either chunks removed or brackets molded on the side.

Does anyone have a dimensioned diagram for either an 18 or 21 inch curved topped vacuum cylinder that I could have a copy of?

I do have the option of measuring a full sized example, but what is the radius of the curved top?

All reasonable expenses will be paid.

Gordon A

Bristol

• RMweb Gold

I am after information to have a master for a 21 inch vacum cylinder to produce castings in 4mm / 00.

The current castings do not meet my requirements with for example, either chunks removed or brackets molded on the side.

Does anyone have a dimensioned diagram for either an 18 or 21 inch curved topped vacuum cylinder that I could have a copy of?

I do have the option of measuring a full sized example, but what is the radius of the curved top?

All reasonable expenses will be paid.

Gordon A

Bristol

I'll have 100 of each please Gordon.

Well I have the drawings, so my next question is what were 21" and 18" used on?

Having done a bit further research, I will be looking to produce the 18" vacum cylinder (with the more pronounced ) in 4mm /00.

Gordon A

Bristol

See BS 3711:1964 mind you the BSI price for an obsolete 44 page doc is ridiculous, but my local library allows them to be copied, or did a few years ago, for 10pn a page and you only need 2 or 3 of the pages.

Had a bit of a hunt for mine but it seems to have gone missing.

Regards

Keith

Archived