Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

I give up, where is the joint ?! Looking very realistic, good to see the progress.

Thanks Sam. It's about half-way through the tunnel.

Cheers,

Dave

Stop press: All points on the main line are now DCC-operated again, so I now need to re-programme the various routes through the station (some of which have changed - more on that later). Normal services will then be possible once again. WW is close to being fully operational again. I just need to connect up the points in the depot, which are operated by levers on a separate control panel.

Time to unpack some train boxes methinks. BR blue or Sector era, that's the question... After months of resisting, I've also recently invested in a couple of Bachmann 170s in the smart new ScotRail livery. That's the start of a very slippery slope I think and I really should have known better.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally, while I was at WW this morning, I caught this unusual visitor, 45 144 on a Speedlink train passing through the as yet incomplete (but getting there) station throat...

post-7247-0-65559000-1361271694_thumb.jpg

Must remember to fix that gap in the fence!

post-7247-0-46197300-1361275366_thumb.jpg

The long layoff obviously hasn't done the decoder much good and it's running rather erratically at the moment. 0-60 in 5 seconds. Not something the Peaks were known for! Hopefully some tweaking of CVs will sort her out.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 17

Hi Dave

Great B&W photos mate, as are the ones since I last Posted you...

Nice to hear you are making progress and getting it running again, have you exstended the layout or added a bit here and there since you have finished all your building work on the layout, great work mate, keep it up dude...

Jamie

• Like 1

Hi Dave

Great B&W photos mate, as are the ones since I last Posted you...

Nice to hear you are making progress and getting it running again, have you exstended the layout or added a bit here and there since you have finished all your building work on the layout, great work mate, keep it up dude...

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks. I haven't forgotten your question in your last post. Will get back to you with an update on my progress and future plans as soon as I get chance.

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

37418 looks great, the first class sticker on the headcode is a nice touch. I had problems with my 37428, the lights now work but only when the loco is moving but go off when you speed up.

Nice Peak too, looks good on those not so silver bullets.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Just set the space-time displacement machine to 1988 early this morning and nipped down to Waverley West for a few minutes, seeing as it was sunny.

I managed to catch some 47/7 action...

post-7247-0-33239200-1361812031_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-72377200-1361812214_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-51418300-1361811975_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-02480700-1361812696_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-17744300-1361813167_thumb.jpg

and 37418 was there too...

post-7247-0-27789300-1361812140_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-19426300-1361812083_thumb.jpg

After my trip to MRS on Saturday, I unpacked a few more boxes yesterday, so I can now add a bit more variety to the stock on the layout.

The next jobs are to sort out the station lights, program some routes after the remodelling and add the three turnback sidings on the new board for the DMU services.

Hope to be back soon with an overview of my plans for the layout.

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 18

Great stuff Dave. Can I ask where you obtained the tank piping for the shove duffs?

Thanks Lee.

I got mine from Hurst Models. See:

http://www.shop.hurstmodels.com/uf1-477-and-57303-air-pipe-and-cross-tank-149-p.asp

They're a solid metal casting, which does sound a bit naff, but they come up alright with a bit of weathering I think.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

never mind the tractor, a full shove set in ScotRail livery always looks the biz!

a bit out-of-time, but spotted this new pic from ron fisher's flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/8501920872/in/set-72157627007363851/

i take it this is from platform 1/19 looking west towards the mound tunnels. never knew there were stabling sidings here off the 'through' loops - must've been lost in the 1976 reorganisation.

iirc is this the area where there was a plaque/sign to commemorate the line to scotland street?

Edited by keefer

never mind the tractor, a full shove set in ScotRail livery always looks the biz!

a bit out-of-time, but spotted this new pic from ron fisher's flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/86020500@N06/7948157998/

i take it this is from platform 1/19 looking west towards the mound tunnels. never knew there were stabling sidings here off the 'through' loops - must've been lost in the 1976 reorganisation.

iirc is this the area where there was a plaque/sign to commemorate the line to scotland street?

Hi Keefer,

All I get with that link is a 307 at Ilford. Are you sure it's right?

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

oops!

sorry dave, the dangers of finding the pic and forgetting to copy before pasting! (had previously posted on gallows close thread about 307s)

correct link here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/8501920872/in/set-72157627007363851/

(corrected original link too)

hope i didn't cause too much confusion about 1950s EMUs working into waverley -  at least they were LNER......:)

Edited by keefer
  • Like 2

oops!

sorry dave, the dangers of finding the pic and forgetting to copy before pasting! (had previously posted on gallows close thread about 307s)

correct link here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/8501920872/in/set-72157627007363851/

(corrected original link too)

hope i didn't cause too much confusion about 1950s EMUs working into waverley -  at least they were LNER...... :)

Thanks Keefer. That's more like it. It's an interesting shot from an angle I've not seen before. Brilliant, thanks. I don't remember there being stabling sidings there either. You could well be right about them being lost in the 76 reorganisation.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Dave

Good to see you back up and running Dave. I am over that section of track on a regular basis and the recent work done there has left it looking like a jumble sale, with bit and pieces, catenary of course, boxes, pipes and wires all over the place. Just once It would be great to see a 47/7 emerging from the tunnels! Anyway if I can't get a fix on the real thing I know I can get it here.

Cheers

John

Edited by sulzer27jd
  • Like 2

I'm over the track daily as well and as well as the omnipresent mess due to the ongoing track relaying in the gardens section, there is sadly the ever increasing emergence of most unwelcome graffiti in the garden sections. I think it's getting worse as the weeks go on.

It's the same feckin clown that seems to have peppered most of Edinburgh as well with his utter crap. At newbridge junction he's got the same 'tag' on every electrification pole. At Edinburgh park as well. I've seen it on the east of Edinburgh as well, same tag/mess.

Sadly the world of brain surgery is missing a genius as this joker spends his time splattering Edinburghs infrastructure.

Edited by millerhillboy