Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

That is by far the most evocative and realistic shot I've seen on RMWeb... there's nothing anywhere in frame that says 'model'.  

Top job, Sir!

That's quite a compliment, Dr. Wow, I don't know what to say, except thank you! 

Dave

It's great to see WW back up and running Dave, your latest pics look superb the natural light certainly makes things look all that much more real.

Love the 128 too it's a top looking model.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

That shot shows just how clever this layout is. You just think that there is a full building over the bridge instead of a scenic break. An artful approach to layout compression. Those pics are just brilliant too. Keep them coming - one of the best layouts on Rmweb by far.

Mike

Those pics are just brilliant too. Keep them coming - one of the best layouts on Rmweb by far.

Mike

and I couldn't agree more Mike, Dave as a great layout... anyone could ever wish for... it inspires everyone.

Jamie

the only thing missing for that 100% accuracy would be the blue fug hanging around after the DMUs have passed :D

Thanks keefer (and everyone). Unfortunately, I'm not very good at photoshopping that kind of thing. If anyone wants to have a go, I'd be interested to see the results!

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Super quality photos yet again! The best bit of all was to see you have filed down the roof ribs on that BG - it looks so much the better for it. Have you also treated the Mk1coaches featured in the same way?

All the best,

Colin

Hi Dave,

Super quality photos yet again! The best bit of all was to see you have filed down the roof ribs on that BG - it looks so much the better for it. Have you also treated the Mk1coaches featured in the same way?

All the best,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks. Yes, I've done the same to all my Mk 1s. With a square-headed knife it's actually surprisingly easy and leaves a nice hint of the rib as per the real thing. It does make quite a difference I think.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Fantastic photos as always. Its great to see the layout back to its best again with plenty of action. The cameos are so well done and really bring the layout to life. The weathering on the BG is superb.

All the best

Mark

Grandma waits with her granddaughter for the cross-country train

Blimey Dave - what have you been feeding dear old Grandma on? She's twice the size of the business traveller! Must have been large doses of Embro Rock, I guess.

Absolutely cracking photos over the last few days - just brilliant.

David

Blimey Dave - what have you been feeding dear old Grandma on? She's twice the size of the business traveller! Must have been large doses of Embro Rock, I guess.

Absolutely cracking photos over the last few days - just brilliant.

David

Would you believe I had never really noticed the difference in size between them until I looked at that photo? I think a little judicious rearrangement of the people on the platform might be in order at some stage.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Good progress being made on the country section of the layout as well as 47546 plus new bufferbeam detail for BR Blue 47510 which will hopefully re-enter service soon. Hope to post some pics soon.

In the meantime, here's a quick piccie...

Another of my favourites, 27105 emerges from The Mound Tunnel into Waverley ...

post-7247-0-12153000-1374701913_thumb.jpg

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 9