Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

This mght not be as difficult as you think, I have built a "kind of like" based on the east end of Waverley and it fitted in quite easily.

layout january 2014 002 by d9009alycidon, on Flickr

Sorry to Hijack thread Dave.

Jim

Nice Jim. No worries about any hijacking. Fascinating to see what you've done there. I'm a great believer in modelling real places, even if it means adapting reality to whatever extent is necessary. I think you can still capture much of the atmosphere of a place in a much smaller space than would be needed for a completely accurate scale model and I think you've done just that. Those Calton Tunnel mouths in particular shout "Waverley East" to me, there's no doubt about that.

Cheers and thanks for posting those pics,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West

Hi folks,

I've been having a bit of break as regards posting on here recently for various reasons. Hope to be back soon with an update. I've been working away connecting up the signals and that has taken up much of my time. 8 down, 7 to go is the current score, but I've got the hang of it now, so hopefully it should all be done fairly soon after my next order of LDT signal decoders arrives. There have also been some developments on the stock front, but more of that anon.

There's also a big new development/purchase to announce when I get chance!

Cheers for now,

Dave 

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

Superb photo mate, missed your posts, hope all is well with you buddy...

Nice to still be part of the great in GB after last nights vote on NO...! I agree lol

Nice capture of the light again on the tunnel mouths...

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

Hi Dave

Superb photo mate, missed your posts, hope all is well with you buddy...

Nice to still be part of the great in GB after last nights vote on NO...! I agree lol

Nice capture of the light again on the tunnel mouths...

Jamie

I'm good, thanks Jamie. I just got a bit fed up of a few negative elements on here for a while, nothing to do with this thread you understand. Then I realised I have far more friends on here than there are annoying semi-anonymous people just out to annoy others.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Will you be buying and upgrading to the new Bachmann DBSO's with lighting etc when they are released in the future...

just looking at the Bachmann catalogue...

Jamie

Oh yes Jamie. I was planning to upgrade my own DBSOs with LEDs and lighting. Even bought the LEDs. Fortunately that was enough for Bachmann to announce their version so it did the trick.  :dancing: 

Hi Dave

I can't fault you buddy, your layout is one of the best on the RMWeb. Ignore those who only want it there way, because you are never going to change them and do, stick to what you do best for the majority of those who do like to look at what you do best.

Chin up Buddy

Jamie

Hi Dave

Nice night scene with great lighting and the day time shadows to are very good, you have this layout taken off to a T.... every time I look at it, its just as it is.... must have taken you ages to make and complete... your photos are great.

well done Dave.

Jamie