B1 Mayflower whereabouts ?

Nortonian

Dear All,

Can anyone shed any light on the whereabouts of the B1 Mayflower please ?. Am I right in the understanding that this engine has been moved to the Battlefield line ?. Is it there or somewhere else now, and will it be staying there over the winter period ?.

Best regards

Ianunsure.gif

Mayflower does now reside at the Battlefield line. It has been there a couple of years now, the owners fell out with the Nene Valley Railway. There are rumours that it may return to the NVR at some point in the not too distant future though, but dont read too much into that.

Thankyou 60B, Nokesy123,

Would you happen to know if anyone is on site on a weekend for workshop maintenance, before I try and ring up again ?. No answer on the phone earlier.

If I can check out a few details on the prototype and take more photo`s, then I can surely feel a scratchbuilt example coming this way.

Regards

Ian

Mayflower does now reside at the Battlefield line. It has been there a couple of years now, the owners fell out with the Nene Valley Railway. There are rumours that it may return to the NVR at some point in the not too distant future though, but dont read too much into that.

Interesting.... I'm scheming ;) .

Thankyou again chaps for your direction.

I have been in touch with the nice lady at Battlefield, who has spoken to `Gerald ?` the owner of the B1, and granted me permission to crawl all over the beast tomorrow. This engine will form the basis of the forthcoming 2010 layout challenge, so that`s something LNER then !biggrin.gif

Kindest

Ian

• RMweb Premium
`Gerald ?` the owner of the B1, and granted me permission to crawl all over the beast tomorrow.

Make sure you don't get any muck on the loco! It makes some of the locos in the NRM look positively filthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Not going for the Piercy B1 kit, then?

Sorry Horsetan,

I have just caught up on this thread. The old site was so much easier to keep check on where you are at with topics.

No DJH lumps of lead for me I`m afraid, sheet metal needs to be just that, sheet, not cast !. Rant over.blink.gif

Kindest

Ian

How did you get on with your recce trip? Let me know if you need any other pics aquiring - I only live at Hinckley along the road from the Battlefield Line and pass over it most days on the way to work. I'd be more than glad to help you out should you need it.

Cheers

Steve

How did you get on with your recce trip? Let me know if you need any other pics aquiring - I only live at Hinckley along the road from the Battlefield Line and pass over it most days on the way to work. I'd be more than glad to help you out should you need it.

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve,

I managed to get all over the engine and underneath as it was on the pit, but a bit soggy. I will not know which angle I am short of until I get to build the engine itself, then the inevitable usually happens. The shot you hav`nt got !angry.gif . I will let you know if I need anything, thankyou.

Any further with your Prospect Hill project ?.

Kindest

Ian

Ian,

glad you had a succesful trip. Let me know if you need any further stuff.

As erm an incentive/summat to aim at do you fancy recreating this gallery_7231_509_19912.jpg

but in 7mm. There's some stuff of Mayflower in there too. This was the LNER Gala at Barrowhill in 2007.

Prospect Hill? Well the guestimation says its do-able but the not happening house sale thing is getting in the way. At this rate i may be backing out or having a severe replan to a very minimalist entry. Intriguing that enquiries relating to both that and my long term project have turned up other people doing the same places :(. BTW if the rules allowed 4mm to have 2010 square inches excluding fiddles i could do PH accurately between the two bridges!.

Anyway enjoying your work on here greatly - even if some times i feel i'll never get to anywhere near that standard.

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thankyou for your kind words but really, I do nothing special. It has taken me a long time to be able to build these loco`s, I was a beginner too once over you know, it just did`nt happen overnight ! Please don`t give up.

Interesting you should say others are doing Prospect Hill, whom might they be ?.mellow.gif

My B1 will be 61032.

Kindest

Ian

Archived