Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Good Manners

On a slightly related matter, I can't hold this one in any more I'm afraid.

On more than one occasion, I have responded to a 'wanted' request with pretty much what the individual was looking for. In some cases, there is a short PM conversation where more information about said item is exchanged and then... nothing.

Silence.

[rant] If you change your mind, that's fine with me - people do it all the time but please let me know. Imagine if this was a face-to-face conversation where one us walked away with no explanation... that would be considered rude/downright bizarre n'est-ce pas?. I don't see how a PM conversation makes it acceptable [/rant]

If you think the asking price is too much then say so. Don't be afraid to haggle. If, after getting more info, you think you'll keep searching elsewhere, say so. Oh, and if you have changed your mind, be like the Zammo. Just say no (thanks).

EDIT: A moment of reflection (very useful now and again) has reminded me that I am not perfect and may be guilty of this myself. If that it so, I apologise but I still stand by my frustration.

On more than one occasion, I have responded to a 'wanted' request with pretty much what the individual was looking for. In some cases, there is a short PM conversation where more information about said item is exchanged and then... nothing.

Silence.

Ah, so it's happened to you as well, with me it's happened about 6 times now, so now I just don't bother. A friend once said 'give 'em rice' - now I do :) .

• RMweb Gold

Silence.

[rant] If you change your mind, that's fine with me - people do it all the time but please let me know. Imagine if this was a face-to-face conversation where one us walked away with no explanation... that would be considered rude/downright bizarre n'est-ce pas?. I don't see how a PM conversation makes it acceptable [/rant]

If you think the asking price is too much then say so. Don't be afraid to haggle. If, after getting more info, you think you'll keep searching elsewhere, say so. Oh, and if you have changed your mind, be like the Zammo. Just say no (thanks).

I think, like ebay, that a % of RMWeb people are fantasists, and when parting with cash suddenly looms, reality strikes, and they just walk away. Not an excuse, but likely in any virtual community, sadly. And we've all heard pub-talk, where so-and-so says he's gonna do this or that, but never does. Frustrating for those who have bothered, though.

Archived