Plastic detailing

ps. I think the Evergreen V groove stuff will have too wide a flat section between the Vs. I assumed that it was meant to represent v-grooved joints in boarding. I believe also that it is only 20thou thick.

Hi Ron.

I agree with Nick, I dont think this is the stuff you are looking for? Unless you are going to use the grooves as a guide of some sort? Thar stuff is designed to represent wood planking.

Missy :mellow:

Bring a length of hacksaw blade up to red heat then plunge it in water; this will soften the metal. File the profile of the brickwork into the back edge of the blade then heat it again, allowing it to cool slowly.

Hacksaw blades are usually high carbon steel, if you heat them to red and quench them in water it will make them hard and brittle not soft. In fact you have the two processes the wrong way round for carbon steel but the right way round for copper!

Phil Traxson

Hi Ron.

I agree with Nick, I dont think this is the stuff you are looking for? Unless you are going to use the grooves as a guide of some sort? Thar stuff is designed to represent wood planking.

Missy :mellow:

Hi, Missy

Thanks

Yes, I agree. I have just checked the Evergreen dimension details

Ron

Hacksaw blades are usually high carbon steel, if you heat them to red and quench them in water it will make them hard and brittle not soft. In fact you have the two processes the wrong way round for carbon steel but the right way round for copper!

Phil Traxson

Hi, Phil

Thanks for your info. I had realised that after mulling over the process

Bit slow in my reactions to the topic tonight, as I am in the middle of building the north span of the Cornbrook Viaduct. Usual 3 fingers/hands required to hold three tiny pieces of plastic strip in place whilst brushing with Plastic Weld

Ron

Archived