A weathered K36 in 0n30

ngtrains.com

• RMweb Gold

post-2660-0-71246100-1296605006_thumb.jpg

This Mountain Model Imports K36 for 0n30 has just passed through my workshops. It was in for investigation after derailing a lot on the customers layout and was found to have one driving wheel out of gauge. It also had a weathering job intended to make it look very care worn.

The pictures could be better. I tried to do some indoors and on those the flash made everything redder that it is and some outdoors, like the one above, but the sun was low and bright and its seems to have reflected up onto the motion from the white paper its stood on. Another hazard outdoors was it was a bit windy and the paper was trying to fly.

post-2660-0-47016300-1296605336_thumb.jpg

For a narrow gauge engine this is a brute and bigger than many standard gauge loco's. The real thing has the oomph of a 9F but doesn't go as fast. They're built for mountain climbing

post-2660-0-71246100-1296605006_thumb.jpg

This Mountain Model Imports K36 for 0n30 has just passed through my workshops. It was in for investigation after derailing a lot on the customers layout and was found to have one driving wheel out of gauge. It also had a weathering job intended to make it look very care worn.

The pictures could be better. I tried to do some indoors and on those the flash made everything redder that it is and some outdoors, like the one above, but the sun was low and bright and its seems to have reflected up onto the motion from the white paper its stood on. Another hazard outdoors was it was a bit windy and the paper was trying to fly.

post-2660-0-47016300-1296605336_thumb.jpg

For a narrow gauge engine this is a brute and bigger than many standard gauge loco's. The real thing has the oomph of a 9F but doesn't go as fast. They're built for mountain climbing

Paul,

Remind me about photo taking when we are at Narrow Gauge South West at Shepton. I bought a fold up photostudio from Maplins, complete with lights and camera stand (thanks to Bargain Hunters thread on here) awhile back and even Photography numpties like me can take reasonable pictures of models with it. If I remember I'll take it with me as it all folds like a briefcase.

Phil Traxson.

post-6862-0-64145600-1296637310_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Phil

I have one of those :rolleyes:

The real problems with the pictures were:-

1. Rushing
  2. Camera with too many knobs and dials [plus not read the instructions of course)
  3. Trying to do too many jobs at once
  4. To lazy to clear space to set the studio thingy up
  5. The K36 is bordering on too big for it anyway

The K36 is on its way home now. When the epic tidy up of the model room progresses there will be a space set up for photography but typical of any tidy up it had to get worse before it gets better and its currently at the "it couldn't get much worse" stage

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Snap [ish]

post-2660-0-06098500-1296665261_thumb.jpg

My Heisler #3 sits on a shelf awaiting its turn in the shops to attend to a shunting injury having been rammed from behind by a Uintah Mallet.

The truth is I bought it from the US and it wasn't packed well enough and the front pilot got bent. It awaits its turn in the shops at which time the pilot will get repaired. It'll probably get a motor upgrage, DCC and sound but since I now do this stuff for others in return for payment the list of my own stuff waiting its turn gets longer not shorter.

Archived