'Isinglass' Milk & Pigeon Vans.

• RMweb Premium

The D120 can be found on my Bullion Van thread.

I started the D86/87 yesterday (Tuesday) and is described in greater detail on my Blog. Have to admit this was/is a bit of a learning curve job ;)

However the following pics may be of interest?

In brief, nice kit of an unusual prototype, bit fragile, tricky in parts (3 hours to fit window frames, fabricate the 6 doors, 12 door runners and fit), one design glitch (sides to ends tab*) but that can be easily overcome or avoided if you build one having read this :rolleyes: .

Summary: recommended, but not for beginners (However, to put things into perspective, Coach would build this in two hours, including painting :D)

The pics show;

inner 'strengtheners' (inside will not be seen);

one side (end to side gap* is at left end) and my payment for the build :P

It is due to receive MJT axle fittings as for the D120. After lunch?

Cheers, 36E

post-2326-0-21646200-1296645398_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-18028600-1296645408_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

That looks very neat and tidy, what sort of a train is it going into?

Mike

Thanks Mike. The 'client' for whom I am soldering this is creating a diorama from a photograph of St Botolphs (Colchester) circa 1950's and so I assume it is part of the stock for that?

I have now almost completed the work the client wants doing but find that the roof is not really wide enough :blink:. I'm suggesting that when she receives the van she does a little 'scratching' with some plastic strip to create side strips for the roof side edges (there is a technical term for this roof part but I can't remember it - my age :O), or maybe she even gets an MJT LNER one suitable for this van and replaces this brass one.

I must say again that this is a great little kit, well worth having a go at and I have enjoyed it's challenges. My effort may not be perfect but it will look the part.

Cheers. 36E

Archived