Imperil Potteries

darren01

Hi all

I have been working on getting the points on the layout and ballasting them , they have been tested to death before I did this.

As I was using foam underlay under the track I did not want a shoulder on the rails, as they are set in a yard area.

So to fill up the sides I used card board from some an old box glued down then ballasted over, once this had set a bit I used my Grasmaster on the area I wanted it to be over grown , still need to add some more under growth .

All the point work runs as I hoped it would have tested it with lots of loco’s, other than a bit of filing here and their all works well.

Now I have ballasted round the point work it has brought the track to life and when the area has dried out I will dry brush the area with a light grey paint, clay tester pot.

Should have my bits this week, so I can lay some more track, until then; here are some photo of how it looks like now.

All the best

Darren

post-6929-0-50021500-1304880831_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-27604300-1304880846_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-46571800-1304880859_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-64916500-1304880876_thumb.jpg

Hi Darren

I love your track work it looks great. Did you get the wiring of the points sorted out and also did you leave a walk way between track and grass for the shunter to walk down while he is uncoupling the wagons. Just an idea of some detail.

It all looks good love to see it when finished and coming round to play trains.

Ray70b

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I have not had much time on the layout, as I have been working on my other one.

But I have laid some more track work and I am now up to the double slip, which I was hoping to have in this weekend, but I have been unable to find any brass wire to do the point blades with.

As I need to add these to move the blades once I put the point motors on, now most of the track work is done on one side of the layout.

The track that has been built on copper clad will be inside the building and the track next to it is for loads arriving, that will then be shunted around to other parts of the layout.

I should be able this week to start work on some of the buildings; some of them are going to be a bit on the large size.

Well here is some photo of the state of play at the moment.

All the best

Darren

post-6929-0-64398700-1307364334_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-34010100-1307364358_thumb.jpg

post-6929-0-07262200-1307364393_thumb.jpg

Hi Daren (Granson)

I enjoyed coming round to your's on Saturday and see Imeril Potteries the track work is very good,what point motors are you going to use, I have two fuggurex point motors and they are very noisy and tortoise to bulky, I was thinking of using servo motors or something simular.

All best Grandad

RAY70B

Archived