Model Engineering Services ?

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Can anyone advise / recommend a Model Engineer that would offer Lathe / Milling services. I'm looking at designing an Electro Mechanical 15 Lever Interlocking Frame and I can't really justify purchasing a Lathe & Milling Machine hence looking for someone to take on the work.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Can anyone advise / recommend a Model Engineer that would offer Lathe / Milling services. I'm looking at designing an Electro Mechanical 15 Lever Interlocking Frame and I can't really justify purchasing a Lathe & Milling Machine hence looking for someone to take on the work.

Hi Pannier,

I have some contacts that I'll pm to you this evening - unfortunately I can't send pm's on RMWeb using the works pc (no idea why - the screen goes darker and that's it - A real pain when something interesting comes up on the For Sale board and I can't reply :( )

Regards,

Brian

What size / scale is the required frame.

Have you seen the offerings from http://modratec.com/ , I've not used them myself but some of the reports in MRJ have been enthusiastic and I believe they offer tailor made frames.

• RMweb Premium

What size / scale is the required frame.

Have you seen the offerings from http://modratec.com/ , I've not used them myself but some of the reports in MRJ have been enthusiastic and I believe they offer tailor made frames.

Yes, I have seen the Modratec Frame. My proposed frame would differ by being an Electro/Mechanical Interlocked Frame which would allow the Interlocking Table to be altered without too much effort. The Lever proportions would also be more prototypical than the Modratec.

Hi, why do you need a lathe and mill, I have made to frames and have not use either to make most of the components as I have used various steel sections and plate to make the leavers and base. The handles are made out of rod with a hole drilled in them to take a small section of the top of the leaver thats filed roundist and forced on all the parts are easy to make and the handles can be tapered with files and a drill (a vertical one small £38 from Machine Mart)if you don't fancy using steel then brass could be used. Worth thinking about?

regards

mike g

Hi Pannier,

I have some contacts that I'll pm to you this evening - unfortunately I can't send pm's on RMWeb using the works pc (no idea why - the screen goes darker and that's it - A real pain when something interesting comes up on the For Sale board and I can't reply :( )

Regards,

Brian

Brian

I'd also be really interested in your reply as I have need of some milling work...not for a lever frame, something fairly sedate by comparison. Hope you pick this up...bit stuck otherwise.

regards

Mike

Archived