RISEX 2011 Model Railway Exhibition

ANT

Risborough & District Model Railway Club presents

Saturday 26th of February 2011

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX

The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

Disabled access available.

Admission: Adults £2.50, Senior Citizens/Child £1.50

See our Club Website for more details: www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Looks good, I am hoping to be there and if possible to join up :D

Hello

I will make sure that our Membership Secretary has some forms with him.

Come and say hello, I shall be either operating Rannoch Junction, helping on the Club Secondhand or eating cake!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Does anybody know how 'easy' parking is in that vicnity on Saturdays please?

There is a Pay & Display just outside the venue and I usually get there at about opening time and have not had any issues. It's the P&D just opposite the church.

Might see you there then??

• RMweb Gold

There is a Pay & Display just outside the venue and I usually get there at about opening time and have not had any issues. It's the P&D just opposite the church.

Might see you there then??

That's the current intention John - all being well (and depending on when my upcoming little job going through some of EDF's power station railway facilities gets underway as I suspect the report will take a bit of time from what I've already heard about the first place we are 'doing').

But whatever - don't bag all the cakes tongue.gif (and thanks - I know the car park you mean, just hoping it doesn't fill with shoppers or whatever folk do in Risboro' on a Saturdays)

Risborough & District Model Railway Club presents

Saturday 26th of February 2011

10.00am - 5.00pm

Community Centre(adjacent to Springs swimming pool), Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, Bucks, HP27 9AX

The whole of the Community Centre in Princes Risborough is taken over one day in the spring each year. Allowing local modellers to display their layouts and model making.

Light refreshments will be available including LOTS of HOMEMADE CAKES.

Disabled access available.

Admission: Adults £2.50, Senior Citizens/Child £1.50

See our Club Website for more details: www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

This is surely the exhibition normally known as RAILEX

Regards

The Risborough & District Model Railway Club run two shows each year Risex (Risborough-Exhibition) in Feburary and Railex in Stoke Mandeville Stadium) Aylesbury in May.

Risex is a small local show where we have club layouts and demos and attract the families, while Railex is a much larger show aimed directly at the modeller the two shows do complement each other.

I should be on the demo stand showing working on the Aylesbury loco shed.

David

The Risborough & District Model Railway Club run two shows each year Risex (Risborough-Exhibition) in Feburary and Railex in Stoke Mandeville Stadium) Aylesbury in May.

Risex is a small local show where we have club layouts and demos and attract the families, while Railex is a much larger show aimed directly at the modeller the two shows do complement each other.

I should be on the demo stand showing working on the Aylesbury loco shed.

David

David,

Does the Risborough Exhibition only take club layouts or do you also take in visiting layouts? I have a small O gauge layout which I exhibited last weekend for the first time and wondered if you may be interested for next year.

Alan.

Hi,

Went to the show today, yet another very good show! Seemed to be very busy, in fact the car park across the road was full, the first time I've seen it happen!

Lots of good layouts, partically the 'O' gauge layout in the smaller room, Williton Marsh. Wasn't too sure about the narrow gauge layout displaying 'No to HS2' signs and a rally, because I'm very definate support of the project!

Anyway, nice friendly show and good to see some familiar faces!

Simon

Had a very enjoyable hour at the show at lunchtime. Liked Lynton Road alot and it was good to see Rannoch Junction in the flesh.

In the cafe, the Victoria Sponge was sumptious.

The show was very busy (good to see) and the club stand was hectic so I will have to introduce myself at Railex to join up.

thanks

Graham

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Went to the show today, yet another very good show! Seemed to be very busy, in fact the car park across the road was full, the first time I've seen it happen!

Lots of good layouts, partically the 'O' gauge layout in the smaller room, Williton Marsh. Wasn't too sure about the narrow gauge layout displaying 'No to HS2' signs and a rally, because I'm very definate support of the project!

Anyway, nice friendly show and good to see some familiar faces!

Simon

Fully agree Simon - a nice little friendly show and a few familiar faces. I had a good look at Aylesbury engine shed under construction by Mr Bigcheeseplant of this parish - it looks even better 'in the flesh' than it does in the pics. It was a bit puzzled by the ' No to HS2' signs but no doubt it is very much something in that area (but I did think it odd that one section they showed a plan of of was largely on the old GCR formation?) - anyway a nice little layout as was the excellent 'Burwell Fen' 2mm scale layout standing opposite it.

We struck lucky in the car park as we found a space as someone was leaving and it was definitely busier there, and in the exhibition, than on our last so I hope the club did well out of it. Not a big spending day but I did manage to come away with my advance ticket for Railex safely in a second hand book.

Had a very enjoyable hour at the show at lunchtime. Liked Lynton Road alot and it was good to see Rannoch Junction in the flesh.

In the cafe, the Victoria Sponge was sumptious.

The show was very busy (good to see) and the club stand was hectic so I will have to introduce myself at Railex to join up.

thanks

Graham

Hello Graham

You are more than welcome to come an visit the Risborough Club on any Friday night to come along and say hello.

You never know if you join us you could find yourself stewarding at Railex!

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Archived