Colas Rail 56311 livery colours

As far as I'm aware, the loco is large logo blue, underneath the grey bodysides, which is where the wrap round yellow sides, black window surrounds etc come from.

So the roof should be whatever shade corresponds to large logo - Rail Grey if I remember it rightly.

The bodyside grey isn't as creamy, almost a primer grey type of shade, so may not have a Railmatch shade - see here, the bodysides look a bit blue-er http://josmisc.fotopic.net/p57224600.html

HTH

jo

To be honest Lewis, don't get youself too tied up on exact shade names - find a colour that looks right to you, particularly with a livery like this where the bodyside is unlikely to be a "modeller's" colour. Obviously the fact it's Large Logo underneath helps with the roof and yellow bits :lol:

cheers

jo

• RMweb Gold

it certainly looks like a primer colour rather than a top coat, obviously its not but its certainly not a gloss grey

heres a piccie of it in daw mill when i did proving runs with it coupled to 47769 as backup, it did however fail not long after the picture and we had to push it with the 47 from loughbouough to toton!!

15052008810.jpg

on arrival back in derby

14052008804.jpg

hopefully the pictures may be of some use for you, they were taken not long after it was painted on possibly its 2nd or 3rd mainline run

Archived