!970 livery query

GKPC

Hi,

Could anyone help with this query please.

I'm looking for the livery of these two locos on 30th August 1970, a Sunday. From my notes I saw them somewhere between Chesterfield and Burton-on-Trent.

I have seen a picture of D8072 but cannot find it. I am fairly certain it would be BFYE, with the old style numbers. As it was ex-Sc.R it was probably a Scottish paint job.

D8066 I have seen recorded as 8066 so could also be blue.

I know the now-defunct CTLS (slide sales) lists shots of both, slide 24 for D8072,Toton,30/5/70 and slide 61 for 8066,Toton, 1/10/70. Unfortunately they arent ones I have and the website does not appear to have been updated for several years.

Could anybody help or point me in the right direction, please.

Many thanks.

corax67, again thanks for your help. You are correct that I have seen these, had tried "googling" and these sites came up. Didnt really help that somehow D8072 was morphed into 20172 which was confusing.

I dont have the book you mention, I'm sure my ex-wife would doubt that there was a book I didnt have.

Clinging to hope that somebody will have the 2 CTLS sides/prints previously mentioned.

Thanks again.

Excellent stuff, as usual Russell. I was hoping you might be lurking in cyberland and see this.

I'm pretty sure the picture I have seen (but cannot remember where!) has D8072 in blue with the the early style of letter/number - similar to the early blue EE4's ?

Thanks to all who read the thread.

Chris / GKPC

Archived