ex GWR Mogul 7341 Livery

PMP99

• RMweb Premium

Can anyone advise me whether ex GWR Mogul 7341 was painted in lined or unlined green livery? From the pictures I have seen I am unable to tell through the grime!

Is it also reasonable to assume that the loco would have received the late BR crest when it was modified and re-numbered from the 93xx serives in the late 1950's?

Thanks

Yes, the photos I have seen of the 9300/7300s as they went through works shows them emerging with the late crest. I will have a rummage through my collection and see if I can find any shots of 7341 for you. No promises though as some locos just seem perpetually camera-shy. :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the photos I have seen of the 9300/7300s as they went through works shows them emerging with the late crest. I will have a rummage through my collection and see if I can find any shots of 7341 for you. No promises though as some locos just seem perpetually camera-shy. :lol:

Thanks, appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

No shots of 7341 unfortunately but I have found a picture of 7324 still wearing an early crest. The picture is not the clearest but I cannot see any lining. Anyway, just to be inconvenient it looks like you cannot guarantee a renumbered 73xx will be in late crest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello,

No shots of 7341 unfortunately but I have found a picture of 7324 still wearing an early crest. The picture is not the clearest but I cannot see any lining. Anyway, just to be inconvenient it looks like you cannot guarantee a renumbered 73xx will be in late crest.

Thanks very much for looking.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have now found the answer to my original question of a couple of years ago, and post it here in case it is of use to anyone else.

7341 carried late crest and lining in 1960 - as seen in a photo taken at Shrewsbury

Archived