Signal Box Help

• RMweb Gold

I am half way through drawing up Bodmin (general) signal box ready for the new layout,

While I have lots of photos of the front and sides, I have nothing showing the back.

I was just hoping for some general information on this sort of design of signal box, particularly with the chimney.

I am assuming that the construction of the back broadly follows that of the front (ie the bottom half is stone, top half wood), with no windows. I have no idea what to do with the chimney, other than its clearly of brick construction. so if anyone knows of a photo of a similar design I'd be interested in seeing how its done.

I am half way through drawing up Bodmin (general) signal box ready for the new layout,

While I have lots of photos of the front and sides, I have nothing showing the back.

I was just hoping for some general information on this sort of design of signal box, particularly with the chimney.

I am assuming that the construction of the back broadly follows that of the front (ie the bottom half is stone, top half wood), with no windows. I have no idea what to do with the chimney, other than its clearly of brick construction. so if anyone knows of a photo of a similar design I'd be interested in seeing how its done.

Jan 1984 MRC has got drawings od all 4 sides in it.

• RMweb Gold

Jan 1984 MRC has got drawings od all 4 sides in it.

Alas that magizine is a little before my time (10 months before I was born in fact...) While I have managed to source the series of articals on the building of the Bodmin P4 layout (it looks like these drawings must be in a different article :( still on the plus side it did remind me that the articles I do have include full drawings of the original bridge!

Could someone who as a copy of this issue take a couple of dimensions for me please?

I think with the distance between the side of the chimney and the left hand side of the building, and distance between the back of chimney and front of building I should hopefully be able to work the rest out.

Alas that magizine is a little before my time (10 months before I was born in fact...) While I have managed to source the series of articals on the building of the Bodmin P4 layout (it looks like these drawings must be in a different article :( still on the plus side it did remind me that the articles I do have include full drawings of the original bridge!

Could someone who as a copy of this issue take a couple of dimensions for me please?

I think with the distance between the side of the chimney and the left hand side of the building, and distance between the back of chimney and front of building I should hopefully be able to work the rest out.

Not so easy as this as there is a small store on the back but the chimley brest is 4'3" wide standing out approx 3" from the back with the front of the chimley stack approx 9' from the front of the signel box. The small store is on the right hand side (looking from the back) and stands out approx 1' this has two full size doors with a sloping roof on the top. The back of the box is at leaver room height. Any thing you want to know I will do my best to reply.

Archived