Bachmann 20 speaker location

vitalspark

Question on behalf of a friend who cannot get online.

He has upgraded the speaker on his Bachmann 37 succesfully and wants to do same to his class 20.

I believe he is using Loksound speakers.

From what he describes its the same speaker as regards physical size but the location in the 20 would dictate removal of part of speaker baffle.

As said I have not seen this but from description given any thoughts /advice?

Dave

The body of the 20 is much more narrow so it makes it harder to improve upon to the extent that you can with the 37 . With the 37 you can remove the weight and bass speaker the fuel tanks where as it's a little harder with the chopper . I certainly wouldn't remove any speaker baffle as this seriously effects the speaker performance . I have carefully milled out the chassis top to accept a bass enhanced speaker . This is a very tight fit and of course has the risk of the chassis cracking. The easiest upgrade if he hasn't done it already Is to get the Bachmann sounds re blown .

Thanks very much for that reply. Its probably what he was thinking but was hoping for an easier solution.

Don`t know if he has considered tweaking the original but worth a thought I agree.

Thanks again

Dave

Archived