Thompson Corridor Composite

I'm fitting Comet sides to Bachmann Thompson's having modified the roof a la Tony Wright.Bachmann glaze both sides of the coach for the toilet even when there is no toilet there on the corridor side. The Comet illustrations seem to confirm this, but it seems odd, and I can't find a sufficiently clear photo. So can anyone confirm whether the corridor side window opposite the loo should be glazed. I'm modelling them in maroon livery, if this matters.

Thanks

I think ist depends on the period modeled. Some on the non toilet side weren't white'd others were. I think by the time maroon was adopted all were white'd.

I've done lots of these conversions with comet Bill Bedford and Southern Pride sides - be interesting to know how you get on...

Thanks for the replies. I'll go with white on both sides. (I meant "Whitened" of course and not "glazed" in my post.) I find the Comet sides easy enough to fit to Bachmann or Hornby coaches, and the flush glazing really does make a tremendous difference, as does the re-profiling of the Bachmann Thompson roof. In addition, as recommended on Right Track 4, it's a great excuse to shout out that I need my "###### file"

Cheers

Archived