Class 08 to 09 Conversion

Cardiff Bluebird

I have a Hornby Class 08 with Sound, but want to recreate 09107 in General Grey with Steel Flashers. Does the 08 chassis fit under the 09 body ?

Thanks

Bluebird.

I may be showing my ignorance here but what exactly is the difference? My understand was the difference between a 08 and 09 was the gearbox and hence top speed - appearance wise I believe them to be identical.

Bruce

I may be showing my ignorance here but what exactly is the difference? My understand was the difference between a 08 and 09 was the gearbox and hence top speed - appearance wise I believe them to be identical.

That's essentially the case Bruce :)

Only thing then to bear in mind are the usual things when modellinga particular loco. In this case equipment cabinets along the running boards, provision of air pipes, type of cab doors, etc.. So should make a nice little project :)

That's essentially the case Bruce :)

Only thing then to bear in mind are the usual things when modellinga particular loco. In this case equipment cabinets along the running boards, provision of air pipes, type of cab doors, etc.. So should make a nice little project :)

Phew!! Not a complete numpty then!biggrin.gif Had me worried for a second as I'd renumbered 09013 to 08937 without thinking twice! As others have pointed out though watch out for general detail differences on these though.

Bruce

Phew!! Not a complete numpty then!biggrin.gif

:lol:

Just a case of finding a couple of decent photos and going from there.

I bought one fo the cheap ModelZone 09s the other week and I'll be going to the other way converting it to an 08!

Archived