Hattons LOGO CARTONS

Stevelewis

I received one of Hattons large cartons today complete with logo.The missus said 'What you been buying now ?' The new Bachmann catalogue.'Pull the other one, its a massive box' It was though. ;)

I must confess that once or twice, having been confronted by my better half with the same question I have pulled out of the box just one or two items therein ("See, just this.") and binned the rest, retrieving them later when she's gone off to bed...

I suspect she's never believed any of it but is being a good sport.

Here in California, some of the parcels I've received from Hattons have had string, and some of them haven't. They've all been wrapped in plain brown paper though. Curiously, the U.S. Postal Service prohibits boxes from being wrapped in paper, and also prohibits parcels from being tied with string. I have no idea how well those rules are enforced though, having never tested them.

Matt

I prefer parcels with no identification as to what might be inside, for security reasons sometimes it's best not to advertise.

On a slightly different note, my late brother was a keen clay pigeon shooter. He had stickers on the tailgate window of his car (Winchester, Eley, etc.) and similar patches on his shooting waistcoat which he sometimes wore when he went down to the shops. I pointed out that they were indicating that his abode contained shotguns, which may be of interest to certain types of individual. For once in his life he had to concede that I had a point.

• 2 months later...

Archived