GWR Top Feeds in 4mm - Does anyone supply them?

Hello.

I need a couple of GWR top feeds in 4mm scale, both the large and small kind. So far I haven't been able to fins them on sale as a seperate part. Does anyone know of a supplier please?

Are you taking about separate topfeeds eg Pannier, 14XX Dean goods etc or the combined topfeed/safety valve with the brass cover Castle King etc?

The small separate type is supplied with the Blacksmith Barnum and may be available as spares. The shape is simple enough to make with a piece of thick plasticard and a file.

If it is the combined topfeed/safety valve 247 developments has the full range of sizes. http://247developmen..._detailing.html

Mike Wiltshire

...The small separate type is supplied with the Blacksmith Barnum and may be available as spares. The shape is simple enough to make with a piece of thick plasticard and a file...

I assumed it was the combined type for this very reason, quicker to make one than order a casting.

Are 247 back up to speed again? I understood they were a bit behind with orders so didn't mention them.

Nick

Thanks both for the very rapid responses.

It's the seperate top feeds I'm after - as fitted on the Dukes, Earls, ROD etcs.

NICK: Thanks for the link to the Alan Gibson site. I must admit I'd already checked there. When I saw that they didn't do the seperate ones I was stumped.

Now off to check out 247's site.

Thanks again.

Mark

Thanks both for the very rapid responses.

It's the seperate top feeds I'm after - as fitted on the Dukes, Earls, ROD etcs.

NICK: Thanks for the link to the Alan Gibson site. I must admit I'd already checked there. When I saw that they didn't do the seperate ones I was stumped.

Now off to check out 247's site.

Thanks again.

Mark

Now that is forethought, get the top feeds in now before Bachmann release the Dukedog. David Geen, there's some one else use to do a lot of chimneys and domes, the chimneys mostly in turned brass but did castings for domes and top feeds. Been out of 4mm for a while It may have been Mainly Trains?

OzzyO

....I wasn't aware there were any MM kits of prototypes with the separate topfeed. Must take another look.

Mitchell via David Geen provides the kit for the "517". That might have something suitable, but it has long been the only parallel boilered loco in the range.

Alternatively, you might want to try approaching Martin Finney to see if he's got any leftover components from his GW parallel-boilered kits.

I also thought about Springside Models, as they still have some exquisite top-feed and safety valve / safety valve cover assemblies in their range. From anecdotal evidence, however, they can be a bit slow to deliver direct. It may be worth asking a retailer who deals in Springside Models details parts whether they can order the bits in for you.

Just been to David Geen's and he does have a casting for the small top feed as seen on ROD, Dean Goods, Barnums etc

contact him on sales@davidgeen.co.uk.

Don't call him as he is casting for the next couple of days

Mike Wiltshire

post-9992-0-93947000-1299769897_thumb.jpg

That's as comprehensive a set of replies as I could have wished for. Thanks for your help everyone.

OZZYO: I hadn't thought about the Bachmann Dukedog. The top feeds are for a couple of old K's kits that I'm having a go at doing up as a way of building up some kit-building skills. But now you come to mention it, there's only an outside chance that my Falcon Brassworks Dukedog will ever turn a wheel in anger...

Thanks again everybody.

Mark

Archived